1966 FJ40 Timing Cover Bolts w/ "Rubber Sealing Washers" (1 Viewer)

I posted this in my 1966 FJ40 Frame-Off Build (3rd Generation Owner) build also, but thought I'd start a new thread separatly. So @Rock40 and I need some tech assistance here on a sealing washer question. #92 on SOR diagram (below) is a lower bolt on the timing cover area that goes directly into the block. When I re-ordered a couple of them from SOR they came with the bolt and lock washer. However when Ross pulled them out of the F-145 motor upon disassembly these rubber sealing washers were behind the bolt. Any help is appreciated. Are these in fact OEM washers that reside behind this bolt? I also included the bolts w/ locks SOR sent me for #92.

Jason-

Diagram.PNG

Sealing Washer.JPG

SOR bolts.JPG

spotcruiser

Geezer
SILVER Star
I don't know what is stock for a 66 F engine, but perhaps what you found was an attempt by a PO to seal a leaking bolt that didn't have thread sealer.

I find no mention of a special sealing washer at that location in the F Engine manual.

Those sealing washers look like the air cleaner and stamped steel valve cover sealing washers.Use a quality thread sealant on the timing cover bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom