For Sale 1963 FJ40- not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Saw this. Not sure if it had already been posted:
Looks relatively original despite a few areas.

Totally original....except for the carb, air cleaner, paint, top and i barely know what i am looking at. If the gauge cluster is original, then this could be a 62....but it doesn't have the dual sided turn signals. Wonder what the Vin is on that one. Is the interior the original "band-aid" color?

I did say relatively. hahaha
Figured you all would spot the differences much faster. :)

No disrespect meant on my part. I was referring to the CL add that said "totally original"
None taken. Even if it was, you have to have a sense of humor and thicker skin on this forum. :cheers:

Totally original....except for the carb, air cleaner, paint, top and i barely know what i am looking at. If the gauge cluster is original, then this could be a 62....but it doesn't have the dual sided turn signals. Wonder what the Vin is on that one. Is the interior the original "band-aid" color?

The two-sided turn signals were phased out at some point during 1962 so that those made later in the year had the one-sided signals.

Gauge cluster looks original.

Last edited:
Inside door handles are like my '63 FJ45. Rear lift gate, or whatever that would be called, is odd with a serious external hinge thingy. And the air cleaner... and the replaced brake and master cylinders (or at least cups), ... and front bumper, and ...

That winch is some home made using old military landing gear motor from what I read. My 73 FST has one. Thought I was told it was a jet engine starter but that was twenty-five year ago. Husky hubs were a dealer option. Both handles for them are MIA. Of all the Husky hubs I have only have one set for these early style. My 70 has a newer style Husky hub. One went bad during warranty and replacement was plain flat knob with Husky missing. A member here gave me some to get the original style back. I also traded some early Warn hubs for Husky. The one knob those had in the pictures was gone. When I asked was told it had fallen off. Only did the trade to get that handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom