For Sale 1958 craigs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pics for future
5k asking price
00J0J_jUPKTzyk2np_600x450.jpg
2.jpg

Body looks pretty straight from picture, but missing hell lot of parts. But also got some ultra rare parts still on it such as door frames, headlight bezels, "T-Bird", indicator switch & possibly original steering wheelets. Also one rim I can see. Not sure if it is 1958 though.

Body looks pretty straight from picture, but missing hell lot of parts. But also got some ultra rare parts still on it such as door frames, headlight bezels, "T-Bird", indicator switch & possibly original steering wheelets. Also one rim I can see. Not sure if it is 1958 though.

Gotta be a 58 or 59 - it has the early style front crossmember.

I thought it may be 59 only because of "T-Bird" emblem but also could be late 58. Although I know of at least two early 59 that had oval emblem on hood and Toyota Land Cruiser script emblem on fenders. So I always thought T-Bird emblem switch over happened some time around mid 59.

Early toyota stuff is full of oddballs - Check rear seat back (sheet panel) on the picture below, they have samilar ribs as front seats). I always thought the one below was early 59 but now I am convinced it could be 58 or even earlier truck.

IMG_0966.JPG

Last edited:
I thought it may be 59 only because of "T-Bird" emblem but also could be late 58. Although I know of at least two early 59 that had oval emblem on hood and Toyota Land Cruiser script emblem on fenders. So I always thought T-Bird emblem switch over happened some time around mid 59.

Early toyota stuff is full of oddballs - Check rear seat back (sheet panel) on the picture below, they have samilar ribs as front seats). I always thought the one below was early 59 but now I am convinced it could be 58 or even earlier truck.

View attachment 1469729

Look at the emblem on the apron. There have been reproductions of the early emblems for years. I bought a red when they first came out and few years ago a green one. The ad "How long will it last" that Toyota had states it's the first Land Cruiser imported to the US. It has the Tbird. When I first got my red oval emblem I posted a picture with it mounted on my white 25. Have a couple of the white Toyota emblems I could mount too. The oval emblem may have still been used at the start of 58 but my the time Toyota imported to them to the US it was a Tbird with the Toyota Land Cruiser emblem on the aprons. Only a couple sold in 58 but a number of 58 production 25s sold in 59 for the number of them here.

I think he is being victim of way out of proportion information available on internet. Most of the time google search results & cruiser prices on ebay are enough to mislead anybody. Now with that asking price where the total project will end up and when it will finish? At least seller is correct on one count, that thing belongs to museums as is and he knows you wouldn't want to modify or make a rock crawler out of it after paying $50k.

It's high time for a reality check to commercial aspect of classic car market. It's suppose to be a hobby after all.

Last edited:
Haven't followed this. Need to check my grey FJ25's VIN. Could be one of the last ones imported. Definitely more original than this one. What's it worth? I'll trade someone a 2017 200 series for it.:rolleyes:

Is that price in pesos or dollars? Cause I don't think it is worth that many pesos.

Two of my 60 production FJ25s have that crossmember front craddled engine mount and the tall battery/tool box.

View attachment 1469729

Believe this 25 is far from original. If earlier would have Toyota emblems like the tailgate on the aprons. Those are cool turn signals and probably of a early LC. Unless it was required for a certain market the 25's turn signals were where the bin lights are. Think these tall mounted higher on the fender were used on the FJ35V?

Two of my 60 production FJ25s have that crossmember front craddled engine mount and the tall battery/tool box.

Believe this 25 is far from original. If earlier would have Toyota emblems like the tailgate on the aprons. Those are cool turn signals and probably of a early LC. Unless it was required for a certain market the 25's turn signals were where the bin lights are. Think these tall mounted higher on the fender were used on the FJ35V?

Found another one in Jim's post below that confirms some 25 model's did roll out with fender turn signals and again looks like oval emblem with Toyota Land Cruiser script apron emblem.

And one more Johnny C posted that has lights on fender, although a different one - https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/25-3-jpg.313149/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom