10th Annual Spring Tide Ride May 4-7 2017 "Back to the Woods" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@slceso I made a reservation for a sound-side tent site. If you and @jamesurq are taking I40 to Hwy 64, I might be able to meet up for a caravan - I can leave Thu afternoon, going 60mph isn't an issue.
I'm about 2 hours to GB0, then 1.5 or so to RDP. We can work out a tentative schedule. I wouldn't mind taking it easy.

@slceso I made a reservation for a sound-side tent site. If you and @jamesurq are taking I40 to Hwy 64, I might be able to meet up for a caravan - I can leave Thu afternoon, going 60mph isn't an issue.
What site did you get? You may or may not want our circus adjacent to you haha!

IMG_9931.JPG
IMG_9933.JPG
IMG_9947.JPG
IMG_9949.JPG
IMG_9950.JPG

Remind me why I'm planning to live in a 5x10 box for this? That house looks quite a lot more comfy!

See you guys on Thursday.

Went fishing yesterday at the point. Had a great time. Caught a nice blue. Lost quite a few to sharks. Now that we know what we are doing it should be a little easier. We chartered a boat Wednesday. Looking forward to that.
IMG_9965.JPG
IMG_9974.JPG
IMG_9975.JPG
IMG_9981.JPG

That was some crazy wind out on the point yesterday but had a blast. I thought I wouldn't like being down in Frisco as much as Corolla but I was wrong I think this area is a lot of fun due to the short distances for activities.

I love the southern end, it's so much more relaxed and quiet - and still tons to do!

Seems we're going to need our rain gear for the weekend, forecast isn't looking so hot right now. :(

I'm out some thing has come up .not going to make it .

Last edited:
dammit Eric.

I only see Thunderstorms on Friday - Thursday, Saturday and Sunday look ok.

dammit Eric.

I only see Thunderstorms on Friday - Thursday, Saturday and Sunday look ok.
Not looking forward to Friday weather, with lightning and wind, but the kids are excited.
@jamesurq @little_joe What time and where can you rendezvous? I'm going to be towing my trailer also. I'll be packed up tomorrow night an can leave any time Thursday to meet up. It's all the same to me.

Not looking forward to Friday weather, with lightning and wind, but the kids are excited.
@jamesurq @little_joe What time and where can you rendezvous? I'm going to be towing my trailer also. I'll be packed up tomorrow night an can leave any time Thursday to meet up. It's all the same to me.

It's completely up in the air at this point. Got lots of stuff to do before I can leave. I'd hope to leave in the AM - but early afternoon is probably more feasible.

Did you guys rent stuff or bring it? I have no rods or tackle for anything like that. Plus I don't know what I'm doing.
Yeah Marshall brought rods and we stopped at the tackle shop by the house to get proper weights and bait.

Folks I have to bow out. The 60's just not running right.... Brakes are sticking and it's now got some stalling issue... TBI perhaps. Pissed off, but a 5.5 hour drive in a vehicle that's not 100% is stupid.

Sorry folks. See you at the next one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom