10th Annual Spring Tide Ride May 4-7 2017 "Back to the Woods" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
Can't beleive it's already the 10th iteration of the Spring Tide Ride! It's changed over the years, but for the 10th anniversary, we're bringing it back to its roots. Back to the Woods! Frisco Woods that is...

Frisco Woods Campground - Home <----Link for campsites

Booking the campsites are up to the individual parties, soundfront sites get gone quick! There is a SC group that is planning a longer trip, entire week, and a beach house has been booked. Frisco Woods has a large protected sound and is great for kayaking, with a few small tidal creeks that are worth exploring.

Since we're in the south this trip, we'll adjust the itinerary a little to take advantage of the general area. More details will be posted. Along with some great artwork to commemorate ONSC's first official and longest running event!

If you haven't been on this trip before, be ready for a laid back beach attitude trip. Lots to do and see on your own, or join a scheduled excursion to multiple Lighthouses, Ocracoke Island, Jockey's Ridge, Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, or just hang out and cast a line in the ocean.

Tentative Schedule:
Thursday: Early Arrivals,
Friday: Remaining Arrivals,
Saturday: Drive on Hatteras Island, other site seeing events, and the Scheduled Dinner
Sunday: Departure

Details on Driving in OBX:

Permit Area Facility Details - Cape Hatteras National Seashore ORV Permit, NC - Recreation.gov

More details to be posted in this post, so check in often if you're interested!

definitely maybe! hopefully that doesn't scare anyone off (nervous lol).

I'm in!! Really excited it's back at Frisco woods also. One of my favorite places to camp!

I'm in

went to try to reserve, they are closed until 3/1, so you have to send a web form message. I asked for sound side tent E&W and said I'm willing to relocate in that area to be by other ONSC people. I don't know if they know a group is coming, but if everyone mentions that, maybe we can get together and have fewer randos interspersed.

Bring a least one jerry can filled with insect repellent.

BTW, if you've never been to Frisco campground it is the nicest campgrounds on the Outer Banks with tons of shade. The tents are separated from the RV's and the facilities are quite nice. The Frisco campground store is at the entrance and while convenient, it is expensive.

went to try to reserve, they are closed until 3/1, so you have to send a web form message. I asked for sound side tent E&W and said I'm willing to relocate in that area to be by other ONSC people. I don't know if they know a group is coming, but if everyone mentions that, maybe we can get together and have fewer randos interspersed.

Frisco Woods Campground -

Added the link to the map. In the past we've tried to be in the S16-S35 and P42-44, 65 areas

I'm gonna try to get the same section we got the last time. Down near s28 s29 that area

I'm gonna try to get the same section we got the last time. Down near s28 s29 that area
Looks nice and out of the way.

I sent them a note - perhaps someone can call them and let them know that all of us would like to be together?

Looks nice and out of the way.

I sent them a note - perhaps someone can call them and let them know that all of us would like to be together?
I'll plan on calling him tomorrow

Bring a least one jerry can filled with insect repellent.
No kidding. MO's skeeter beater works well there. Sadly our last trip we got demolished by skeeters. Kinda why we prefer corolla.

This one will be a tough date because we are taking a couple days the next week for the Rural Hill NC Brewers and Music Festival. Man, this spring is packed with fun stuff!

I got site s29

They did not call me back , so you better call them

They did not call me back , so you better call them
I have been trying to get a call through to them all day and it has always been busy. How did you get a call through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom