What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (101 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's kinda what I was wondering.....I've been looking for one to match it and haven't seen a body mount to match it.....

replaced the catalytic converter.....Passed emissions!

I put on my Trollhole top. (waiting on hardware) but this thing is amazing.

so she finally isn't topless anymore image.jpg image2.jpg

'77 -replaced the passenger side hardtop side window I shattered at Round up, pulled the radiator and had it rodded/flushed/drain plug re soldered, flushed coolant system, installed mini truck power steering from Valley Hybrid (great system, I now have it on two 40's), new belts, took top off carb and cleaned trash out of needle, soaked hard fuel line from pump to carb, cleaned fittings, bled front brakes, took chrome 60 wheels to get powder coated "off white"....
'76-cleaned out the Round Up dust/debris, installed the grey 60 wheels with old school BFG 32x 11.5 muds
'79-left it covered up....

Painted rear bumper and bumperetts, "dipped" door panels in grey "plasti dip" rattle can. They came out great.
002.JPG
004.JPG

Changed the clutch master and Slave cylinders. Tune up. Changed all the fluids. Put in a dimmer switch. Changed the front wheel cylinders. Rebuilding the carb. Put a new valve cover gasket. The top is clean with no sludge to my surprise.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1396749698.042760.jpg

1971 FJ40
1952 VW Split Bug
1997 Jaguar XK8

Finished up redoing the back of my cage and adding a 3rd seat for my daughter. I also replaced my cheapo Chinese suspension seats with a pair of PRP Comp High Backs.

Before and after...

uploadfromtaptalk1396754466237.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396754496741.jpg

_DSC8653_zpsf38aebf6.jpg

_DSC8567_zps24f5f2f7.jpg

_DSC8575_zpsbe8aaec5.jpg

Had an awesome day in the snow yesterday. We went up to Yuba Gap and played around up there, I'd never really explored much up there and now I feel like I have to check it out more this summer. We got pretty far but once the sun hit we weren't making much progress and turn back and went home around 2. No one touched a tool box and only got the strap out once so it was a great day. Although when I was in the lead pushing snow my transfer case was making some really awful sounds.. I've suspected for a while it was going but yesterday pretty much confirmed it needs to be rebuilt. Oh well... not the end of the world.

That looks killer with the Capri blue! Hmm...

...via IH8MUD app
Thanks waterboy. Trollhole is in vendor section..,,,,you can thank me later;)

Finished up redoing the back of my cage and adding a 3rd seat for my daughter. I also replaced my cheapo Chinese suspension seats with a pair of PRP Comp High Backs.

Before and after...
Looks great! I need to get that done on my 40... I really wish I didn't have a fuel cell back there!

Looks great! I need to get that done on my 40... I really wish I didn't have a fuel cell back there!

I had a similar problem making room for the seat with my propane tank back there also. Since there was no way of mounting it anywhere else, I had to move it all the way to the back, so it was kind of out in the open. I wanted to run a bar to protect the propane tank and to stiffen up the cage at the bottom, but I had to make it removable to be able to get the tank in and out. So I decided to make it hinged on one side like a swing out tire carrier. I didn't want to spend $50+ on a spindle so I ended up fabbing up something. I got a bronze bushing that fits inside a piece of 1.5" DOM and has a 1" ID. I bent up some .25"x2" flat stock with my Swag break to make a bracket to hold the bushing. I built a rack to hold a tool box and I will be bolting 2 small ammo cans on it to hold my recovery gear.

uploadfromtaptalk1396911177229.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396911212883.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396911237400.jpg

Rebuilt my spare pto box to go onto my bj46.

image.jpg

Built some heavy duty jump seat brackets.
1/8 steel.
13707358315_67b81211a8_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom