What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429490126.309348.jpg
g

Reunited her with her old shoes!

last week, replaced the brake light switch. In the process pulled apart my steering column & cleaned out the gauges. This week trying to replace the steering column tube; can't get the ignition assembly off!:bang:

IMG_1037.JPG

Finished up the rust converting and installed monsta liner on the front floors and trans hump. Hump not in yet.
Still need to do a little paint touch up but almost drivable again.
Installed the new redone seats, bolted in seatbelts, installed a radiator overflow bottle, added an interior LED light on the front dash.
Took it for a ride for about 20 miles to check for any gremlins from the winter. The ride went well with no issues other than needing gas.
More pictures to come of the seats and mostly finished drivers and passenger area.
IMG_1036.JPG

Changed the engine oil, rotated the tires, power washed the engine and interior, got the cigarette lighter and wiper fluid working along with the hazards. Removed the rear seats and some assorted rusty bolts to prep it for a new coat of rhino lining. Pulled off diamond plating and repainted it replaced it. Repainted and replaced tail gate.

got the rims back from the powder coaters...I likey! Also got the upper dash pad installed, tranny boot and glass installed in the hard top. Just a couple of electrical issues to sort out and minor other things. SOOOOO close to having this one wrapped up!
11188487_10103090073290247_8445586273566813061_n.jpg

Finally finished my rattle can paint job that I started way back in 2004. Painted the main body then and left the hard top and doors for another day. Well another day ended up being 11 years later! :eek: Top and doors have been in storage the whole time. Good thing I bought so much paint back then, just enough left for touch ups down the road. Going to let it dry for a week and put it all back together. Pics to follow. Happy cruising! :cool:

Filled it full of petrol and drove it about an hour, 45 miles to this address: 334 N Clarendon Ave, Scottdale, GA 30079

My secondary driver said I cruised about 60/65 on the interstate and hit 70 a time or two. Got to love the rubber over drive!.....I'm cruiserless for a few weeks, but it is in great hands!

It's one of those 1 banana jobs that took longer than expected. The right bolts for the tow hooks can't be easily found at regular hardware stores. Turned out Toyota dealerships have it for a few bucks. To save you some time (and gas), here are the part numbers:

Hook: 51961-60010 (2x)
Bolt: 91162-61250 (4x)
Nut: 94130-61200 (4x)
Lock washer: 94512-01200 (4x)
Flat washer (for top side): M12 from any hardware store (4x)

IMG_5412.JPG

Finally got around to ditching the 60's style solenoids on my new to me 8274.. so much cleaner and easier and the cables aren't getting hot and it actually works right now. Yay. But.. that was the last of my easy little projects while I'm waiting to go back to work from surgery... hum... now I might have to clean the house or something crappy like that for the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom