What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just a guess and probably wrong but rear heater, driver seat belt connector, o2 sensor

Thank you, I think you're correct. Looks like the green connectors could be for the seat belts and the others could be the rear heater.

There is a place here you can download the factory service manuals with electrical diagrams that would help you out on this questions and many others.

Ive found that I do not have power to the fuel pump. The after market fuel pump on the passenger side of the chassis. Ive traced it back to a fuse block up next to the battery (labeled "Power to Fuel Pump") but lost if upstream from that.

The wire disappears with a large group of wires between the motor and firewall. Under the dash there is a mess of ALOT of wiring.
Any advice on how to trace the one out? Ive looked ( or attempted to) up wiring diagrams from Painless Wiring Harness for the 1995 5.7 TBI but had no luck.

Ive found that I do not have power to the fuel pump. The after market fuel pump on the passenger side of the chassis. Ive traced it back to a fuse block up next to the battery (labeled "Power to Fuel Pump") but lost if upstream from that.

The wire disappears with a large group of wires between the motor and firewall. Under the dash there is a mess of ALOT of wiring.
Any advice on how to trace the one out? Ive looked ( or attempted to) up wiring diagrams from Painless Wiring Harness for the 1995 5.7 TBI but had no luck.
Jumper power to the fuse block and see if it runs...?

I helped a friend out....

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1429057524.849197.jpg

And then, after she drove off, a 'Jeeper' guy drives up and asks IF I NEED A JUMP.....LOL I guess he didn't listen and hear her running.

Working on removing P.O.'s bedliner from the floor. Rust converting the little bit of rust found and getting ready for the recovered and painted seats that I have finished. The sun is out so it is time to get on the road again. All the salt should be gone with the rain we have had. The kids are all excited to get it back on the road.
IMG_1032.JPG

I cursed at it.... alot while trying to get brake fluid to the rear drums. Got the front filled.

Also, got the main wiring harness installed and got the engine to turn over. Showing 50 lbs of oil pressure on my bowtie engine. Just need to dump some fuel in'er. Might see if she runs tonight. She's been sitting for 28 years.

thought about restoring the hard top. then thought about converting to soft top. then thought about restoring the hard top.

This is my constant debate. Then there is aftermarket vs OEM style soft top. When you look at the later you are thinking price wise why don't I get an aftermarket (bestop) and restore the hard top. Then you start thinking about the hard top again. Then soft... It never ends. Good luck!

This is my constant debate. Then there is aftermarket vs OEM style soft top. When you look at the later you are thinking price wise why don't I get an aftermarket (bestop) and restore the hard top. Then you start thinking about the hard top again. Then soft... It never ends. Good luck!
Just means you need two cruisers one soft top and one hard top

image.jpg
Finally finished installing driver side Cruisercorps seat cover.
I think could be better, but ok pleased so far. Decided to keep my frames "as is" but added a few bling bolts for the shabby chic look I am going for :) Great quality covers....passenger next!
image.jpg

I had a bestop soft top... Hated it. It leaked, flapped, and was a B1TCH to put back on if you lowered it... On a sunny day it was doable, but cold and wet, forget it.

Hard top... Or a rigid bikini top... :D

Washed it for the first time this year. Then started prepping the hard top and doors for paint, been putting that job off for nearly 10 years! :cool:

Fixed my LH speakerbox. The aft 4 speakers stopped working a while ago. found a wire break inside the box
woinJ4.jpg
e6U0vG.jpg

wQdkaU.jpg

I had a bestop soft top... Hated it. It leaked, flapped, and was a B1TCH to put back on if you lowered it... On a sunny day it was doable, but cold and wet, forget it.

Hard top... Or a rigid bikini top... :D

lol
i would put mine down in april or may. then about sept or early oct thing about putting it back up....then wait till late oct or nov to TRY and put it up. if i got lucky it would only take an afternoon. some years it was days till the afternoon sun got warm enough to get it on.

and what i actually did this weekend.

apr15C.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom