What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Changed spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, checked my coil and ran a compression test. Then I ran over one of the screws that I lost taking off the aftermarket cap (without captured screws) and sunk all 1" of it smack dab in the middle of my tire! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

I yanked the steering box off today and started resealing it. Hope to finish that up tomorrow.

Just a little R & D work for my next mod: Getting the 2nd START to automatically engage when in low range (and then disengage in high).
Pin7 2nd start.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, 3 wheeling it down to Discount Tire for a new tire...

Did an HID conversion to my Hella 500's on the front bumper, replaced instrument cluster and climate control bulbs with led's, and tried to fix my leaky rear sliding windows. No pics, just got in the groove of working. Wanted to replace the bulbs in the OEM radio, but cannot find bulbs that fit.

Last edited:
After a long hunt and stressful wait, we finally moved from an apartment to our new home.
Good thing my 80 is not my DD anymore because it would suck to drive through Altamont Pass everyday!

Our two kids love having their own backyard. And of course, a new driveway for my 80 instead of the street parking.
Too bad it won't fit in the garage..

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444052720.020491.jpg

And my son had already marked his room!

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444052937.040713.jpg

Last edited:
After a long hunt and stressful wait, we finally moved from an apartment to our new home.
Good thing my 80 is not my DD anymore because it would suck to drive by Altamont Pass everyday!

Our two kids love having their own backyard. And of course, a new driveway for my 80 instead of the street parking.
Too bad it won't fit in the garage..

View attachment 1143064

And my son had already marked his room!

View attachment 1143066

Nothing a sawzall won't fix.

12074676_1072659566101558_5797097003310910720_n.jpg
Borrowed my friend's anti-theft system and installed it. Installation was fairly simple, and it seems to be working really well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom