What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sand blasted at Pismo
Boy does it get windy here!
Beach
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1443905190.412721.jpg

Drove my dad to see the fall colors and noticed all of a sudden I need a muffler, probably from the cat back. I welded it up for the time being...

HELP?! I have seen the price ranging anywhere from 350 and up.

Drove my dad to see the fall colors and noticed all of a sudden I need a muffler, probably from the cat back. I welded it up for the time being...

HELP?! I have seen the price ranging anywhere from 350 and up.
This is one area IMHO not to overthink or buy the best name brand, blah, blah. Your typical ma pa muff exhaust shop should be able to fix that up pretty affordable.

Pretty stressful day, I broke one of my cup holders.

:crybaby:

I had a little issue with the Cruiser this week. It would stumble and die when in reverse. Ran fine going forward. A quick search, and learned that a crack in the intake tube will cause these symptoms. Mine looked to be original, so I ordered a new one from Toyota.

While I was under the hood, I replaced the air filter and cleaned the tuna can. Some Pismo sand in there...

Old...

New...

Now it is running nice and smooth again. Easy peasy!

Oh, and replaced the crappy aftermarket front sway bar bushings with OEM.

I had a little issue with the Cruiser this week. It would stumble and die when in reverse. Ran fine going forward. A quick search, and learned that a crack in the intake tube will cause these symptoms. Mine looked to be original, so I ordered a new one from Toyota.

While I was under the hood, I replaced the air filter and cleaned the tuna can. Some Pismo sand in there...

Old...

New...

Now it is running nice and smooth again. Easy peasy!

Damn dude. When was the last time the tuna can was cleaned and air filter replaced? At the factory?

Cupholders? Your 80 has cupholders? Where do you get cupholders? Can you start a thread on said cupholders? I think the people on mud would really appreciate knowing about this.

Did you pull over? I can't imagine anyone driving without cup holders.

Paging Dr. @bhicks
Rear passenger seat aftermarket cup holders. Careless rear seat fold down incident. JB Weld and some Grade 8 fasteners soaked in ATF and all is well in the world again.

Rear passenger seat aftermarket cup holders. Careless rear seat fold down incident. JB Weld and some Grade 8 fasteners soaked in ATF and all is well in the world again.

PHEW!!!

Right? We were planning a late fall trip into the high country. This would have been a deal killer.

Where the hell would you put your latte?!?!?!

Mounted and wired my PIAA 580 off road lights and fixed the squeak from the front shocks Friday after work. Today I installed the fender flares that I got from another mud member.

If you are not happy with the fix and need a replacement let me know. I can get a replacement in the mail on Monday. My latest version is a little more robust than the earlier version.

Surfed Joaquin and used my tailgate cutting board

IMG-20151003-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20151003-WA0008.jpeg

My wife had me spray more WD40 on the rear bumper and the ARB from this time since the front one did not look as nice as the rear one (black and shiny).
Plus tomorrow it's supposed to rain and since we don't know what that's like, we need to take precautions and prepare for such an event. I hear on tv that rain contains water, so I gotta do everything I can to save my car in the event it will actually rain water from the sky directly on my car.
Has anyone had the wet kind of rain on an 80 so far?

Simple stuff. Replaced the rear locker sensor so now the idiot light on the dash knows the rear lockers really are on!

Hit 240,000 miles this week too so quick oil change

As Dragos80 said, we're expecting something called rain (?) tomorrow so no need to wash it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom