Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been a long while since I cleaned the back of my FJ62. So emptied out and vacuumed it.
PXL_20230911_220001888.jpg

Cleaned and installed the mat.
PXL_20230911_221945960.jpg

Finally loaded it back up.
PXL_20230911_225248996.jpg

Unlike elk it requires some off road hunting to find dead and down oak. That comes next.

I made a sleeping platform out of scrap rexroth 40mm strut from work. It’s extremely sturdy and weighs about 40lbs. It was built around a hest wide foamy mattress on top and fitting 4 small action packers and a pelican case underneath. Seems pretty good so far, going to try it on a 9 day trip and see how much I like it.

IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0430.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

Building a DIY instrument and switch housing for Rusty. It will be for the turn signals, high and low beams, horn and cruise control. Building it as I go. Trying to bring in some geometric flair..., we will see once it all gets put together-

20231025_083914.jpg

20231025_060552.jpg

Testament to BFG durability.
Tired BFG.jpg

I rolled these several times last year with healthy loads of wood stacked in the trailer.
This year I thought I would be pushing my luck to get another season out of them so I dropped the expensive dime and bought 2 new
KM3's for the front axle on the 40, and mounted the newer '06 models on the trailer. Figure I am golden for another 3 years.:lol:
Tire 2.jpg

Testament to BFG durability.

I rolled these several times last year with healthy loads of wood stacked in the trailer.
This year I thought I would be pushing my luck to get another season out of them so I dropped the expensive dime and bought 2 new
KM3's for the front axle on the 40, and mounted the newer '06 models on the trailer. Figure I am golden for another 3 years.

I find it hilarious when I am out hunting and run across an 80 year old bfg half buried in the ground that has less dry rot than my 4 year old tires 🤣

Getting closer to turning it over and then figuring out what I screwed up...

View attachment 3472297
Who made your radiator?
I have been looking at dropping the dime on one of these for the Runner.

Speedway Motors 28-Inch Double Pass Aluminum Racing Radiator, S/B Chevy, Furnace-Brazed for Durability, Superior Performance, Double Pass Design with 2.25" Core, Efficient 1" Aluminum Tubes

Got it through Amazon
Who made your radiator?
I have been looking at dropping the dime on one of these for the Runner.

Replaced the starter in my 77 with a remanded gear reduction from an 86 and replaced my radiator. Works great. It runs a little rough, but I’m sure when I use up my old gas it’ll purr again.

6FD3952C-C5EC-4734-B402-8C2A74DA9AA3.jpeg

2FBC02FF-0E7A-4A46-BDA3-D0D9C2F6883B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom