Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New dash cover is coming along...

20231117_181404.jpg

Those gears look great. Ayers finally got back to me about the REM process, and also mentioned treating the gears using the cryo process too. But I will probably just stick to the REM process.
I would stick to REM, I don’t really buy into Cryo.

I would stick to REM, I don’t really buy into Cryo.
And the price is not bad either, buy now cry later doesn't really apply to this process and piece of mind knowing your gears are good to go for a while.

You went 5.29 right?

And the price is not bad either, buy now cry later doesn't really apply to this process and piece of mind knowing your gears are good to go for a while.

You went 5.29 right?
You don't have to do any break in with REM'd gears :)

I went 4.88. Plan is to do a lower low gear in the tcase and keep the high gear the same. Best of both worlds.

You don't have to do any break in with REM'd gears :)

I went 4.88. Plan is to do a lower low gear in the tcase and keep the high gear the same. Best of both worlds.
I am interested in re-gearing the transfer case as well. With 4.88 and reducing the high side would put you well over 5.29.

But the low side should be a fun one.

As I get almost to the finish-line with my 5.3L LM7 swap I realized that 6 out of the 8 fuel injectors from the junk-yard engine were not operable. I have been trying to diagnose a very lousy idol for a few weeks now (replacing one sensor after another thinking it is something related to the pcm and its operation...) but after pulling the fuel rail up enough to place some clear plastic cups under the injectors and turning over the engine a few turns... I found out that only two cups got fuel and 6 were bone dry.
Anyone else had this problem with a DIY LS Swap? I'm sure I am not the only one to try this swap myself (and YouTube of course...) ?

Replaced my leaky valve cover gasket. And put fuel in the tank. And operated the windshield wipers (X3).
Next week: rhino-lining the hood.

Replaced my leaky valve cover gasket. And put fuel in the tank. And operated the windshield wipers (X3).
Next week: rhino-lining the hood.
Are you going DIY with the hood Rhino liner? My hood paint is shot, and I'm going back and forth between Rino and wrap. Either way, this thing will need to be sand blasted and primered.

This weekend:
  • remove 24G LRA, install new (generic, $200) charcoal canister w/ new CC filter; awesome new CC filter plumbing; reinstall
  • rear brake pads
  • extract counter-sunken Allan screws connecting BB skids welded in with LocTite by PO (hit: use a lot of heat)
  • clean all skids in prep for wire wheel and touch-ups w/ anti-rust sealer/primer
  • (still in progress) park truck on forward skid in attempt undo impact deformation (Crown King aftermath)
  • install new Front Runner air dam under giant light bar (so much quite added)
  • replace Front Runner awning mounts w/ generic but much beefier ones that attach to cross members, not side rail (another rattle source down)
  • still tweaking BP-51 settings...forever project for on-road, dead simple for offroad comfort (2,2/2,2)
  • ADGU drawer clean-out for trip this week
Anyone need PHX-SF-PHX MudShip? I've never done this, but could...given size of thingy.

Are you going DIY with the hood Rhino liner? My hood paint is shot, and I'm going back and forth between Rino and wrap. Either way, this thing will need to be sand blasted and primered.
Do It Myself???
No. Way too much work. Going to have it done by a paint shop.
Actually, it's not that hard to do, but my garage is full of my 1947 Packard limo, and several motorcycles. Too cold to do it outside.

Very nice! I'm digging that rack. I have that saame color cruiser here in town.. Not sure I've seen yours around yet.
so you weren't the green one with the philmont scout ranch tag parked in front of me on NAU campus Thursday? :) The vinyl stripes and green recovery traxs make it obvious it's me, and now the rack too! You know I had to add some green to the rack!

PXL_20240201_174322340[1].jpg

PXL_20240204_010307637[1].jpg

so you weren't the green one with the philmont scout ranch tag parked in front of me on NAU campus Thursday? :) The vinyl stripes and green recovery traxs make it obvious it's me, and now the rack too! You know I had to add some green to the rack!

View attachment 3549816

View attachment 3549821
Wasn't me. I'll post a pic of mine here tomorrow. Its pretty stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom