What an FJ60 Looks Like After a Head on Collision (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey like the others, glad that you made it out of this. Scary stuff for sure. Thoughts and prayers to the families of the deceased.

You look shorter in that picture, glad to hear you are doing good bud. :beer::cheers::lol::lol:

^^^ When I'm sitting down. :hillbilly::lol::lol:

I'm on union break bud, LOL. BTW I don't just work on Dodge's anymore I work on a fleet now from a propane powered weed eater to a twin turbo International truck. I retired from Chrysler in 2014 had enough of the low paying warranty B.S.

Just finished rebuilding the rear drivetrain of a Kubota diesel RTV 900.

We just acquired a brand new HME built Type 3 fire truck a few weeks ago and yes it's twin turbo diesel 4WD air ride crew cab.
I will post a pic when I get home so you can drool, did I mention I get to drive it? LOL

Yes we have a Union. Are you Jealous?

Why is there a big 80 series tranny cooler on your wrecked FJ60? It appears the truck had a manual trans.... just wondered. Thanks!

Why is there a big 80 series tranny cooler on your wrecked FJ60? It appears the truck had a manual trans.... just wondered. Thanks!
Look at his signature.... :)

Here you go Kyle a brand new Type 3 fire truck, it's not done with the set up yet my coworker is finishing up the shelves and racks.
20160930_140008.jpg
20160930_135923.jpg
20160930_135943.jpg

@KWalkerM Are you talking about the color of the shop building? I didn't know USDA trucks are green.:bang::lol:

So sorry to hear about that accident. So glad it all turned out okay for you. Major props for that 60. I'm 16 and my parents made me get a 80 because they wanted to me have airbags and thought the 60 was unsafe. Defiantly proof a 60 is one solid rig. So sorry to hear about your rig and your injuries.

@The Machinist (21, I think...I should know this since we freakin hang out in person...) can chime in on having a 60 is awesome but the repair can get old and pricey if you aren't working full time or have access to a shop and tools. (I have tool access but broke AF)

Overall, I think your parents are on the right track for your first few years driving as statistically you (and me) are more prone to collisions as younger drivers. BUT! I think you should swap the 80 for a 60 once you get older or add a 60 into your arsenal because its an addiction! Ill be picking up a beater 60 (Darrell when will you sell me yours for not $14k? :flipof2: ) in the future. this is once I get squared away with an 80 since I would like airbags for a daily driver from now on.

In my experience, 60 series=major chick magnet (mostly because they think its a jeep...). Hit me up whenever if you need anything or have questions about anything (cruisers, life, dating more than one girl at a time, you name it) Glad you are a part of the cruiser family.

if you ever make it to the west coast for an event, first beer is on me provided you are 21!

Kyle is definitely right on all fronts in regard to the 60 vs 80 debate. With an 80, you're simply going to spend less time turning wrenches and spending money and more time taking it out into the mountains to explore and find cool places.

I daily used to daily drive my 60 in bay area traffic, but decided to save up and get a 2006 4Runner last year. The ABS and traction control have saved my ass a few times already in panic braking situations in funky traffic or in the mountains and its super comfy in comparison; all this combined with its great gas mileage has allowed me to take it around to 8 different states in the last year. ....its a boring, soccer-momish vehicle compared to a 60 but it definitely has its perks, and an 80 series shares some of those positives.

@The Machinist (21, I think...I should know this since we freakin hang out in person...) can chime in on having a 60 is awesome but the repair can get old and pricey if you aren't working full time or have access to a shop and tools. (I have tool access but broke AF)

Ill be picking up a beater 60 (Darrell when will you sell me yours for not $14k? :flipof2: ) in the future.

Come on man,... our birthdays are like 3 months apart!!:flipoff2:

...and that 60 is staying with me for now... just need to get it to Georg and his smog guy sometime before the end of the year...:crybaby:

wait how old are you? 3 months like same year or just same month? I swear to god I'm like a year older than you... I still feel 21 most days around the other people in our group. I mean steve, mike and kevin are like ancient haha dom is closer to our age I think. you are our token ginger...well the funner ginger...get yo spit together on smog man, Pismo the 60 cuz the more dents you put in it the cheaper I get it! haha
I'll be 23 in November. lol

The 60 isn't going to make it to Pismo this year, but Steve's buddy Justin Vandevanter is probably going to be carpooling with my brother and I.

Glad you're good dude; pm me your addy if you're still wanting some stickers

She's already been in a fender bender- perfect!

She was meant for you.:cheers::beer:

I don't recall telling you I can do body work. Lol .
Just let me know when I will be busy this weekend but I am off every other Monday too. I will be off tomorrow but you are welcome to work in my driveway when you come over. What is leaking?

Amazing pictures. It must have been an eerie experience looking at the pile-o-honda knowing tow people lost their lives in there. Fawk drunk drivers, but still, RIP. :( I can't get over how blasted you would have to be to get on the wrong on-ramp.

My 1997 4runner gave it's life to save me and two buddies, so I know the feeling.

Wow! I am so glad you made it alive and with only a few injuries. So sorry about those that perished. i gotta a say i traveled that same road not to long after that accident. I know it well.
Thank you for sharing. and take care.

Thanks man. It happened right at Elkhorn Rd where the sign is.

It's a really damn dangerous section of road. Heart rate goes up a bit when I get close even in the day but that'll go away with time I think.

Been almost 2 months now and still no police report

Dude the police report can take MONTHS, just depends on how the investigation goes. Back in 2009 I got in an accident up here in Reno, almost got sideswiped by a car when I was in the fast lane and they cut me off trying to GET into the fast lane. I swerved and hit a broken down vehicle that was in the median right across from the GSR in Reno. Big ass lifted chevy that was sticking 24" into the fast lane. Sideswiped it with the drivers side while my hand was on the window sill (summer time so windows down). Still have some functionality issues with that wrist/arm to this day. I didn't get the police report until I had moved back to Cali in SEPTEMBER (the accident happened in May) and that was only because I got a call from NHP investigator stating that he found the accident report given at the scene had been altered by the reporting officer (RPD) and I only had so much time to fight it. Ultimately the car had been fixed by their insurance already and things were progressing in life so I didn't pursue. Needless to say, the report can take MONTHS to get back, I would keep hounding them for the report and get yourself an OFFICIAL copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom