Target carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ron, I have a couple of the ARB CKMA12 compressors but only one is in the pig for now.

According to ARB one should air up my four 35” tires and run the air lockers just fine but if I need more I’ll hook the second one up to an auxiliary tank later.

Drove the PIG around the yard today, still need to get rear axles but I was able to get it out of the shop and take the wife and dogs for a little cruise!!

Lifted all four corners with the fork lift and it looks like nothing is binding so with a little luck I should make the trail run to cruiser fest. :beer::beer::beer:

That's good news! Glad somebody is getting to use their wagon. You'll have the rear axles for the trip, yes.

That's good news! Glad somebody is getting to use their wagon. You'll have the rear axles for the trip, yes.

God willing RCV will get the custom axles done in time and if not I’ll order a set of Nitro cut to fit axles for the trip and deal with changing them out later.

J Mack,

This is an incredible build! It took me a few days to get through the thread, but I enjoyed it all! I'm a mechanical engineer, so I suffer from some of the same ocd curses. I found your thread after finding a pic of your engine compartment. I'm dropping a 4bt in a '68 bronco. The more I surf around this site, the more I'm really starting to like these old toyotas! I appreciate you being so willing to share all your research and knowledge on your thread! I've go this bookmarked to return to as I move through my project. It's a joy to see people resurrecting these old vehicles and putting them on back on the road like new!

Awesome work!

-Andy

J Mack,

This is an incredible build! It took me a few days to get through the thread, but I enjoyed it all! I'm a mechanical engineer, so I suffer from some of the same ocd curses. I found your thread after finding a pic of your engine compartment. I'm dropping a 4bt in a '68 bronco. The more I surf around this site, the more I'm really starting to like these old toyotas! I appreciate you being so willing to share all your research and knowledge on your thread! I've go this bookmarked to return to as I move through my project. It's a joy to see people resurrecting these old vehicles and putting them on back on the road like new!

Awesome work!

-Andy

Great to hear from you Andy! In my mind, there is a lot to like about those 1st Gen Broncos! Glad you like the Iron Pigs...

Drove the PIG around the yard today, still need to get rear axles but I was able to get it out of the shop and take the wife and dogs for a little cruise!!

Lifted all four corners with the fork lift and it looks like nothing is binding so with a little luck I should make the trail run to cruiser fest. :beer::beer::beer:

Oh that is so cool! I fear I will have to enjoy it vicariously through your pictures and trip report...

Still waiting for an update on my rear RCV axles but getting closer to finishing all the body work and getting it painted.

Tailgate was in pretty bad shape and is taking up a bunch of time to make usable, because of all the work already going on with gate I decided I should add a stiffener bar to the top inner edge to help keep it from bowing again.
tail-bar.jpg

Yeah, looks like a great idea. I should of done something like that, since planning on standing on gate in order to reach the roof rack.

Jim, still feel like you'll make your dead line. Seems like a lot to do yet. Lots of coffee and late nights!

Jim, still feel like you'll make your dead line. Seems like a lot to do yet. Lots of coffee and late nights!

I still need to finish all the bodywork on the doors, hood, tailgate and fenders then prime bock and paint, finish the wiring and build LED lights for all the fixtures, install all the glass and weather strip. finish the front bumper and mount it with the winch before I can start buttoning up the mechanical stuff.
I'm thinking late nights and lots of beer and I should and time left over, What do I have like two weeks or something like that?

[QUOTE=" What do I have like two weeks or something like that?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the quote I made to my wife three years ago...

I'm nearby, still unemployed, and have all three kids in school five days a week. If I can be of service I'd be more than happy to help.

I'm bummed I won't make the maiden voyage. Gabe is ranked #1 on both bikes so I have to take him to the finals that weekend. If you ever get a chance to see this rig even if it is a couple hours out of your way make time to see it. It is amazing. The amount of time and thought that have gone into building is incalculable. The craftsmanship is stunning. It is definitely in my top 5 of all Land Cruisers, it is amazing.

What do I have like two weeks or something like that?

Sounds like the quote I made to my wife three years ago...

My wife has learned to just smile and nod when talking about completion dates for the PIG, I have managed to double my budget of $5000.00 and six months already and if I don’t get my a$$ in gear it might triple.

Yeah, in my shop that does equate to three years! Good luck man, wish I was closer to help.
Thanks Ron.

Nice! You can do it :)

Thank you, I'm older and slower than my brain remembers, but I'm giving it hell.

I'm nearby, still unemployed, and have all three kids in school five days a week. If I can be of service I'd be more than happy to help.

I appreciate the offer but between trying to keep the lights on around here with my ever changing 24 hour a day schedule and trying to lead a normal life I’m popping out to the shop to work on the PIG sporadically throughout the day or late at night.

I'm bummed I won't make the maiden voyage. Gabe is ranked #1 on both bikes so I have to take him to the finals that weekend.

Thanks Eric,

I’m not sure that Cruiserfest is a realistic goal so there is still a chance you’ll make the maiden voyage.

Good luck at the Nat’s and let Gabe know I’ll take the Pig painting once things settle down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom