Hen’s tooth build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that would be a good time to do the repaint in pepto pink also. but in all honesty if your going to repaint when windows are all out is the correct time. its a very slippery slope of how far to go when you start vs driving and enjoying. thats the reason i have multiple cause one always has to be on the road and multiple in different stages of fixing or starting s*** i shouldn't have.

I’ll echo what some others have shared, just drive and enjoy it. Getting it and keeping it perfect is difficult, time consuming and expensive. Pockets of rust are popping out on mine like small pox but I just keep wheeling it with my kiddos because fixing it all is like a snowball from hell. Welcome to the Sty!

I know how much you guys love the color so I figured I’d share what I was planning on doing with it.

Since the color is originally a VW Mango Green I wanted to mock-up how it would look matched with one of the complimentary colors they would use on the two-tone microbuses: Seagull Grey.

DTUJWpG.jpg

1714152773953.png
1714152799616.png

I actually like the way it looks!
(It’s ok you can hate it)

H61PyZy.jpg

Eem8i1g.jpg

VwMFlYD.jpg

On another note… pretty sure I need a new throwout bearing, so I guess some preventative maintenance is in order when I go to swap that out.

Exciting times ahead…

John

I know how much you guys love the color so I figured I’d share what I was planning on doing with it.

Since the color is originally a VW Mango Green I wanted to mock-up how it would look matched with one of the complimentary colors they would use on the two-tone microbuses: Seagull Grey.

DTUJWpG.jpg

View attachment 3617163View attachment 3617164

I actually like the way it looks!
(It’s ok you can hate it)

H61PyZy.jpg

Eem8i1g.jpg

VwMFlYD.jpg

On another note… pretty sure I need a new throwout bearing, so I guess some preventative maintenance is in order when I go to swap that out.

Exciting times ahead…

John
That color combo looks rad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom