Target carrier (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, the engine bay is cleanly organized. Looks fantastic.

Man, things are looking very tidy in that engine bay. Great work!

Thank you!

Like the battery tray.

Thanks Bob, I had to make these boxes to fit my cramped engine compartment and thought I would have some fun on the tops with the scull and cross bones.

Yes, the engine bay is cleanly organized. Looks fantastic.

Thank you, my :princess: refers to it as over the top OCD but I prefer "cleanly organized" :beer:

I was able to get it started and finish breaking in the cam, everything went surprisingly well and other than one fitting that needed to be tightened and my wideband air/fuel ratio gauge acting wonky I’m calling today a success.

I’ll tidy up some wiring and try to button up a few lose and and get some pictures in the next few days.

Good to hear the start up went well!
Thank you!

I spent the better part of my day trying to cram enough wire to power a small city into a spot the size of a cigar box, it’s not pretty but I have the 1/0 cables that join the two batteries, three relays, the battery isolator, winch control and wiring, A/C drier and lines, headlight – fans – blinker and horn wiring and it all fits under the cover I made to mount the fuse holder, still need to wire the fuses and install the covers. Hopefully the second battery will show up in the next day or two and I can wrap this up and move on to painting the front sheet metal.
Wiring.jpg

Cograts! Always nice to know your nearing completion.

Too short! I need rev's and black smoke. Awesome to see progress.

Thanks guys!!!

I’m a one man show with a crappy cell phone camera so revving, smoking and filming is going to be difficult but I’ll see what I can do.

Still fighting with the battery cables and lugs, I had bought some super trick battery clamp/lugs things and planed all my cable routing around using them but they would not stay tight on my battery post so I’m using some Mil spec lug for now. Unfortunately the Mil spec lugs don’t work well with my battery covers and cables and finding a good solution is taking way more time than it should.

My exhaust system shrunk 2” sometime between the time I first mocked it up to now so I’m cutting it back apart and adding some more pipe, I guess if it was easy it wouldn’t be a PIG.

dont have the words. Would lime to hear it run longer. Just let runnnnnn so I can just stare and dream

Well I tried to take a longer video and film inside and out, it’s not very clear so I’ll need to get my daughter to show me how to use my phone and try again later.

Awesome ! I dream about the day I get to start mine!

Me too! Seems very quite in the cab, how do you feel about the noise? ( sound level )

Thanks guys!!

Ron,

I think all the sound deadening I put in the cab and firewall is helping quite a bit at taming the little rattle trap and I’ll know better once I get it all buttoned up and on the road but I’m guessing it’s always going to sound like you’re driving a Cummins.

Man, that is just way too cool! funny how when you talk with a group of guys about car projects, you get just a excited to see their stuff run as they do. lol. Love the way the dash turned out.

On a secondary note though, just something i saw in the video that i personally would be worried about. Passenger side battery cable going over the opposing terminal. Concerned about it rubbing long term.

On a secondary note though, just something i saw in the video that i personally would be worried about. Passenger side battery cable going over the opposing terminal. Concerned about it rubbing long term.

Thanks npulver I appreciate your feedback,

The cables in their current configuration are temporary, I had bought some car stereo battery terminals and even though they look super trick they wouldn’t tighten down on my battery post so I’m using the mil spec terminals with the cables turned to prevent them from hitting the battery cover.

I’ve drawn new battery cover tops with narrower center sections and hope to get them made in the next couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom