Stronger Warn 8274 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Count me in for one.

Also guys where is the best location to put filler and drain plug?

You can buy from www.gigglepin4x4.net a freespool and filler plug in one.

Else I grafted mine in the side and put a plug in the bottom for draining rapidly in the field.

Pictures when I next see my BJ75 jungle truck.

This is the handbag truck with a OLD 8274 also fitted with a WARN 6HP motor and about to have the www.gigglepin4x4.net upgraded shaft and BOW 2 motor fitted and the freespool/filler kit next saturday morning I hope.

A simple split collar machined to lock into the snap ring groove, as well as clamp onto the entire exposed surface of the shaft.

Now that is cool much better than the c clip.

i did a fill plug at the top and a drain at the bottom.
when refilling only put the amount of oil in that is recommended.
as Cicak says, makes for a quick and easy oil change ... i know of VERY few people that ever check the oil let alone change it out.

i did a fill plug at the top and a drain at the bottom.
when refilling only put the amount of oil in that is recommended.
as Cicak says, makes for a quick and easy oil change ... i know of VERY few people that ever check the oil let alone change it out.

I checked the handbags 8274 last weekend on the side of the road as we had to put a spacer into the motor - we dropped the freespool dog gear in by mistake and had to tip the winch up and guess what NO OIL came out only 3-4 drops of water sigh after it was installed by a reputable 4x4 shop after I rebuilt it. we filled it on the roadside installed the freespool cog and then the motor (along with silicon) and went into the trail lucky we checked it we did 15+ hard pulls each way on the track. and also they notorious for filling with water.

the drain plug and fillers allow trackside drain/refill

Runva vs warn 8274

Video of a mudhole - go 8274

Going in

Coming out OLD 8274's are awesome with the new 6HP motors on them

8k each way 7 hours in in the dark and 5 hours out in the daylight.

The D90 in the same mudhole before me RUNVA winch vs WARN

Last edited:
Stainless.

I hate that C-clip. I'd love to have a split collar if/when you decide to produce/sell them.

Have followed your Tundra build for a long time. Amazing rig.

Thanks.

Please keep us updated on the split collar... Thanks! :)

I am new an discovered the thread looking for information on rebuilding a 8274. I am in for a split collar as well

These are about 1 month out. The last thing I need to do is is figure out the difference between the older pre 98 non-wave washer brake, and the post 98 brake that uses the wave washers. I don't have access to an older model, anyone know/have the differences in where the room for the wave washers is made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom