Stock Vs ARB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I personally dont like the arb and would rather see a 4plus or the like on a 60. While im sure it would do great hitting a deer the arbs recovery points are tiny compared to other bumpers ive seen and it covers up way too much of the front end imo.

I vote for going one step further and visiting a local shop/buddy with tools and making your own. You can incorporate all of the features and looks YOU want. Youll have a blast doing it to boot.

D

I looked at ARB but I'm on an American made kick so I went 4Plus. No regrets, it would plow through a concrete wall. Just can't sleep buying Chinese made stuff when America has so much to offer... I also avoid Walmart at every cost

ARB is made in Australia I though? They post videos of their factory assembly lines for their bumpers.

ARB is made in Australia I though? They post videos of their factory assembly lines for their bumpers.

years ago they were, so were their springs. My friends ARB for his FJ Cruiser had a made in Thailand sticker on it. I think it was about '99 or 2000 when ARB moved most of their production to Thailand. What I understand is ARB of Australia makes only the bumpers for Australia. Thailand makes
the bumpers for the rest of the world. I know all the springs and bumpers we get hare are from the orient.

Many of ARB's bumpers are designed with crashing the vehicle in mind-which kinda puts them in their own class. While others are sturdier, ARB's (at least the late model ones, haven't looked at any 60 arb's lately) have acordian type brackets so that in a crash the bumper will absorb shock and collapse. I think thats why they have thinner metal than some bumpers. So if you bend it up, just strap to a tree and back up, and hopefully the bumper will have done its job and your frame won't be bent, and the impact hopefully will be less jarring than a rigid bumper. But if your just going to be rock crawling all the time, a rigid bumper may be up your alley.

it's pretty self explanatory.

I would assume it would be somewhat self explanatory....but what I was referencing is what modifications if any are needed for an ARB bumper? For example when installing a new rear bumper on the 60 series, the rear frame cross member needs to be removed.

Zack

I would assume it would be somewhat self explanatory....but what I was referencing is what modifications if any are needed for an ARB bumper?

Zack

Remove of the oem.
Replace with arb.
Plug and play.

Appreciate the ongoing insight and thoughts. Based on some of your feedback I have been in touch with Dave at 4plus and am likely moving in that direction. This is an awesome forum.

come on, everybody knows all the best stuff comes from japan.
Reliability perhaps, but not armor :) . I also can't think of a Japanese company that makes bumpers off the top of my head. Had you said German then I would agree with you.

Remove of the oem.
Replace with arb.
Plug and play.

And totally remove the headlight washers I guess. I had an ex girlfriend who loved my 60, and was especially impressed by the headlight washers. She often said how cute it was that "she liked to keep herself clean"

Zack you crack me up, why would you remove the headlight washers?

NSFW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom