Soda Blasting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tross, I hav a 74 cowl and frame that I may want to do, and I am in Gainesville.
Maby we could go down together and get a better deal on volume?

Not a bad idea. I'm helping my son on his 4d. Probably gonna do a few pieces here and there... but yeah, just need to talk to Porter and see what he says and go from there. ;)

Soda Blasting in CT

Another place in CT. is Aqua Blasting Corp. Bloomfield CT 860-242-8855. They soda blasted a race car for us several years ago and did a great job.

Got anyone in or near Charleston, SC? I've got a 55 body that needs it done. Thanks.

Your best bet is Lanny Porter at Nu-Tech Soda Blasting in Jefferson, GA. He does great work at a fair price and you can reach him at 770-480-6763. Stacey - Chesapeake Soda Clean

Thanks, Stacey!

Hey Lou,

I'm in the same boat right now. I was looking at the eastwood soda blaster but the shipping was a deal breaker ($100) I ended up with a Harbor Freight 100lb blaster, it was $129. It can be converted to soda or whatever. I still need to find a compressor but the only ones that I've heard that can keep up are $450 on up. I have a little compressor that I used to try it out and it's pretty cool how it takes the rust & paint right off. I was using glass beads from harbor freight ($$) not a smart trial media :doh: Next up is some cheap sand. I bought a good respirator so I don't keel over dead from the silica. I'll be happy if I can get the interior blasted, the outside I'm thinking would take me forever and I'd end up warping everything. Good luck.

Chet

Chet - how is this working for you? I'm in the same boat where i'd like to use soda if possible on a Harbor Freight or similar low cost blaster, but not sure if this will work with soda...

I have a dryer/filter to .01m, plus can put a final disposable filter/dryer if that would help? I know this has become more of a "where can i find professional soda blaster near xxxx", but appreciate any suggestions.

TIA!

rob

I am in the Seattle area, after reading this thread. I searched for soda blasting, there is a local moblie guy. But at 175.00 a hr and 3 hr min. I am still looking. I have a bantam trailer I want blasted.
I have a guy here in Wenatchee WA that does soda blasting out of a box truck. If you are interested I can get you some contact information.

I own a soda blasting company here in Oklahoma. I don't sell equipment, I just provide the service. Pricing for blasting depends on several factors-

media costs
equipment costs
labor costs

It takes money to make this stuff happen, and some blasters do not have the resources of others. The big blaster companies like Buster, StripCo, etc are truly ridiculous when it comes to pricing on the equipment, so these guys have to make that up some where. In addition, the ability, experience, and process of each blaster differs. We use soda, corn cob and a couple of other media to get the job done. We are also mobile, we use our mobile blasting equipment for commercial purposes as well as automotive, but the majority of our automotive customers bring their cars to our shop where we can use the more abrasive media (which needs to be reclaimed) for rust removal. We price our jobs by the job, not the hour.

I'm currently searching for someone to blast my '69 beetle. Anyone know of someone around Montgomery, Alabama? I'm wanting to do this car right the first time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I am located in Stillwater, OK. I don't anybody out in Alabama, but I am sure there are some.

Soda Blast In AL.

Please look up and call NuTech Refinishing in Jefferson, GA. Lanny Porter is a Soda Works dealer and has contractors in AL that he may be able to refer you to. There are 4 and soon to be 5 Soda Works regional, contractor based soda blast dealers in the U.S. Any and all of them can answer your soda blasting questions with authority and honesty. The full list of dealers can be found at The Soda Works or 1-800-267-8098.

im in opelika. Does your friend still do soda blasting in this area?

A friend recently bought a commercial soda blasting unit for stripping paint off military vehicles. I just had him blast my front clip and it turned out pretty well - at least now I can easily see what I need what needs work. In my opinion, the soda doesn't really do a very good job on rust. However a big restoration shop that does a lot of soda blasting told me that's what rust is left after soda blasting is solid, cleaner than it looks, and they epoxy prime right over it. I didn't have much rust on this so it won't take much additional effort to clean it up.

If anyone's interested in soda blasting let me know and I can put you in touch. He's mobile too. We're in east central Alabama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom