Show off your "custom" colored cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to paint my cruiser, and am looking at non stock colors so I figured what a great time to show off your custom colors and help a fellow mudder get some ideas. Post those pics!!!!!

Getting ready to paint my cruiser, and am looking at non stock colors so I figured what a great time to show off your custom colors and help a fellow mudder get some ideas. Post those pics!!!!!

Well after having to pick a new color 3 times due to California paint color ingredient restrictions I finally settled on Sherwin Williams 42095 beige. In the end I'm happier with this new color than I was with the factory 464 beige I originally wanted.

picture.php

Last edited:
This is a late '50's or early '60's VW/ Porche color called "Pale Gray". I used PPG paint, sorry don't have the paint code. It is kind of a sage green or light olive color. It hasn't been waxed in a year or so it's kinda faded. It is slightly darker than the pics show.
004.jpg
001.jpg

After 16 years of driving a badly faded multicolored rig I decided to use the ol rattle can. A dozen cans of Rustoleum Flat Khaki and about a month of late nights and I am very pleased with the results. Out of pocket cost about $100.
Taos Fall Run 2011 015.jpg

These are really nice 40's can't wait to find one original to restore. Keep the pics coming!!!

Rattle can Caterpiller Yellow + rattle can anti-corrosion primer made by Nippon Japan total cost around $150
100_6551.jpg

I tried to match the yellow that was already on her as I was trying to do a fast and cheap paint job. It didn't match exactly but it was close enough. It is a NAPA single stage yellow from a tractor company (I forget which one as I had never heard of it before). But it's the first vehicle I have ever sprayed and I think it came out pretty good.

driverside-1.jpg

Well after having to pick a new color 3 times due to California paint color ingredient restrictions I finally settled on Sherwin Williams 42095 beige. In the end I'm happier with this new color than I was with the factory 464 beige I originally wanted.

Looks good! I'll have to check out that color!

Not exactly sure the color code or brand. Previous Owner had it painted. It's a "desert tan" and it's flat. No shine at all. I like it a lot and it was painted this way long before all the cool kids started sanding off the clear on their civics :rolleyes:

FJ-404-2011020.jpg

my 1972 fj40, I bought the cruiser painted so my info might not be 100% correct but should be close.
The light blue looks like capri blue (T449) stock color.
The hood and front fenders are painted a metallic royal blue (custom)
DSCN1372.jpg
cruiser-cabin.jpg

Had mine done at MAACO, was thinking of a greenish khaki like that Jaguar color, then I saw this in the General Motors catalog. It's 2004 Saturn Olive Metallic.
100_3240W4W.jpg
004.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom