Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drag link end and pitman arm are blasted and ready for reassembly.

20160708_214755.jpg
20160708_222950.jpg

@65swb45 , Mark, I'm going to be installing the power steering pump soon. Your mount is considerably wider than the pump. What do you recomend using to space it correctly? Thanks.

Just seeing this for the first time. The bracket is made wide purposely to maximize pulley alignment. I use an ordinary bolt front and back to determine optimum alignment, then cut a sleeve from a small pipe to take up the gap between the pump bracket and the pump, pull out the bolts and insert the sleeve.

Starting to get serious about saginaw pump install(not in final position). I have an early rad. shroud at the powder coaters but it looks like im going to have to trim either one. Also got sick of moving the removable shield from the splash guard around the garage.

20160820_221952.jpg
20160820_221942.jpg
20160820_222334.jpg

Wait, I thought this tub was solid?

It will need some love. Solid for OH. I priced the wheel well patches and curved rear quarter patch and the entire panel is less expensive. Drivers floor needs patched where the previous roll cage sat, and outer rocker has some rot.

20160830_093500.jpg

20160830_093647.jpg

Wait, I thought this tub was solid?
Lol, there is no such thing as a 40 tub that doesn't have some rust, especially on the rear sill. I own a 69' and I ended up cutting off the entire rear tub from the "B" post back and replacing it with custom sheet metal and tube. The tub didn't look that bad at all from outward appearances but the darn thing literally started to fall apart when I began breaking the panel spot welds..

That being said, this is a really quality frame-off, I love the attention to detail here and the loyalty to Toyota parts.

@Jdc1 I have something you may be able to use for the wheel well patches, where the roll bar sits. I will try to find a pic.

View attachment 1313933

A fellow mudder helped me out with these, I have a few left if you are interested.
Thanks a ton, i was just looking at mine this morning and it doesnt need an entire wheel well but has a few spots right on the rib. PM me your paypal info and what you need out of them and Ill get it on the way.

Yeah, that's what I remember, a serviceable tub on a good frame, just need good power train, brakes, PS.

Down the rabbit hole we go!

Starting to get serious about saginaw pump install(not in final position). I have an early rad. shroud at the powder coaters but it looks like im going to have to trim either one. Also got sick of moving the removable shield from the splash guard around the garage.

View attachment 1309488 View attachment 1309491 View attachment 1309493

Showoff! All the rest of us common folk have to anchor the adjuster bracket with a water pump bolt...and use the front of the pump!

Last edited:
Looking good! As soon as I get my bracket back from the powder coater I will be tackling this project!

Showoff! All the rest of us common folk have to anchor the adjuster bracket with a water pump bolt...and use the front of the pump!

I just hope the tensioner bracket being upside down doesn't cause issues with tightening the belt. Worst case, it looks like ill just need to loosen the mounting nut to adjust the angle if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom