Builds Removing SBC conversion, going back to Toyota. 1972 Frame Off (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 555 TREs showed up today, Ihave heard how they rust pretty quickly so a quick clearcoat was applied. Because, I am using the 60 steering arms and the 40 TRE, Cruiser Outfitters was also able to supply adaptor shims.

20160617_154436.jpg

20160617_155242.jpg

20160617_161829.jpg

20160617_161740.jpg

I have been fighting the drag link end for the last few days, even after giving it the kroil treatment. The drag link tool and breaker bar broke it loose on the first try.

The Tie rod is installed, calipers and misc. bolts to finish front end arrived yesterday from Onur.

20160621_123821.jpg
20160621_123827.jpg
20160621_123901.jpg

Wait a minute! The retaining wire is not installed properly. The center tail goes into the hole from the outside. I'll try to get a pic.
Thanks Jim, after comparing the FSM and my pic, my retaining clip is in upside down. The ends angle up if im seeing it correctly.

20160625_141512.jpg
The power steering box is done and ready to be shipped back. West TX Offroad is sending a fitting for the high pressure line that will adapt Toyota threads to an6 fitting for custom length hoses. One of the advantages of living in Akron is the abundance of industrial support companies, machine shops, hydraulic etc..

This afternoon i organized the garage for a few minutes before i started removing the manual 1 piece box.

Did you order those or bend them yourself?

Your 40 is looking good BTW!

Josh

Thanks, the caliper lines are OEM. Part numbers are in the pics above the caliper pic. @beno is a good source for them.

Awesome my next parts order from Beno keeps growing!

I did the rear axle line and the one that goes down the frame. Its not tough if you have a decent flaring tool.

I plan on doing the rear axle line and the one that runs down the frame tomorrow. Hopefully everything will go as planned, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Josh

Awesome my next parts order from Beno keeps growing!

I plan on doing the rear axle line and the one that runs down the frame tomorrow. Hopefully everything will go as planned, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Josh
Better hurry, my power steering box, center arm rebuild and drag link repair kits are due this Friday. In all seriousness, my dad and I have been collecting parts for over two years and are at about 16 months since getting the frame back from paint.

JDC, did you get the caliper lines recently? I thought those were discontinued years ago.

BTW, I have a carb for you. Send me some dinero, or a pallet of root beer:beer:, to get it headed your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom