Rear side lift up windows (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you!

What do others think about the design?
Don't like the look of the bulky hinges. It would be nice to have a low profile hinge like a piano hinge

Not a fan of the hinges or the mounting plate above it.

Im moving forward with post #3 idea and design.

Solid alm panel (finish TBA), flush lockable handles with adjustable clamping pressure, low profile hinges, with no struts to start.

Maybe not perfect but its a start, it will give me side access, and that is much better then what I have now.

I figure I nothing to loose. If they totally suck my original window will go back in place and cover any evidence of the mod attempt.:rolleyes:

Will post up once they arrive

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." -- Frank Zappa

Solid alm panel (finish TBA), flush lockable handles with adjustable clamping pressure, low profile hinges, with no struts to start.

Maybe not perfect but its a start, it will give me side access, and that is much better then what I have now.

I figure I nothing to loose. If they totally suck my original window will go back in place and cover any evidence of the mod attempt.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to what you come up with.

Why not use lexan or one of the other composites. They come tinted so it will retain a somewhat factory look. It's easy to cut and shape. If you want to black it out you can always add limo tint.

I'm interested in the handles and hinges you use to see if i can use them with tempered glass.. I just might buy the factory glass and make a set

Do these things exist for 55s? I keep hearing they cost a lot, but what is a lot? The fixed window rubber on the rear doors is $500. I think that is expensive, but these windows are fantastic- function and form!

Do these things exist for 55s? I keep hearing they cost a lot, but what is a lot? The fixed window rubber on the rear doors is $500. I think that is expensive, but these windows are fantastic- function and form!

I don't think anyone is making them for the 55 ...through Wagongear...they were $1300.. for the set

Everything I could find

DSC_0044.JPG

GQ_GL_L_CLOSED.png

20130914_170146.jpg

DSC_0059.JPG

GQ_GL_L_OPEN.png

They are slow responding to emails, but i did ring them. The flat alloy plate is 740, propeller 780 i think and the glass is about 990 dollars AU. Unfortunately that is each. The chick I talked to said the glass was the most popular and is fully safety rated whatever that means.

And they will also powdercoat for 50 bucks. Not sure what the Aussie dollar is now? I can afford to get one for now and will put it on the drivers side.

No worries

Having email conversations with Emu-Wing and they will be adjusting there pricing along with a new web site end of the month....I asked if the would just sell the frames and hinges without the Glass and he said they would but that I should wait for the new design as it would be less expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom