Rear side lift up windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having email conversations with Emu-Wing and they will be adjusting there pricing along with a new web site end of the month....I asked if the would just sell the frames and hinges without the Glass and he said they would but that I should wait for the new design as it would be less expensive.

Any hints on the new design?

Here's his last email....

Lou,
Thanks, it is a fantastic product and looks great once fitted.
Later this month the pricing will be reviewed, this entails dropping the current price due to a product re-design.
Currently the Glass option is $999 each side – this price will be reviewed too, we are attempting to reduce the costs of production.
We have a shiny new web site that will go live by the end of the month that will include all pricing.
We anticipate this will happen on or around the 25th.
We can certainly send you just the frames, hinges and other hardware without the panels – not so sure about all the technical drawings at this stage, I will have to discuss that with my partners. I would also like to look into finding a distributor over there once the new design has been completed which will reduce the cost to you guys as we can send over larger quantities.
I have your email now, I will keep you informed.
--
Regards
Rodney Marks
EmuWing
Vehicle Access Solutions
www.emuwing.com.au
ph: 03 90171614
Mob: 0413192622

Luke111, please update us on any news you get! Could be an interesting group buy to save on shipping... I'm interested!

Will do ... I also chatted with Kevin from Wagongear ... He's swamped with work that pays the bills and rarely get out to the shop so AU may be the only shot

I'd be in for a set if we can get a GB together

I emailed this guys, and although I did not ask for prices they are going to have some for 60 series rigs.... by next few weeks..

Emailed Emu to order 80 windows in glass... it might be a while..

Hi Louis,
Unfortunately at this stage we do not have the glass panels in stock, however we have placed an order with our usual supplier – they have proven to be somewhat unreliable in the past but we just never know - at best we will have some panels for you in three weeks.
At worst we have to wait for an overseas supplier to complete our order and the lead time on orders is up to five months.
I can confirm the postage at $300AU to your address.
I will let you know as soon as we have any news regarding the availability of the stock.
--
Regards
Rodney Marks
EmuWing
Vehicle Access Solutions
www.emuwing.com.au

I asked if Toyota factory solid glass which is available would work.

Lou,
No, the glass has to drilled for the hinges, strut mounts and handles before being tempered and curved – the glass panel we use is actually slightly larger than the original windows too.
As soon as I have news I will be in touch.

Very cool and thanks for looking in to such a great idea. I wonder if some more streamlined caps / hardware could be used instead of the square caps? Like on the back glass on camper tops?

Looks like the glass flip up windows for the 80 are now available below is the email I received

Hi,

We have glass EmuWing kits in stock to suit the 80 Series and GQ Patrols, please go to EmuWing.com.au to secure yours now.

--

Regards

Rodney Marks

EmuWing

Vehicle Access Solutions

www.emuwing.com.au

Looks great Phil. Don't let this one move to the back seat for other project. I'm getting tired of opening the swing out to get things from the back, mainly beer.

Awesome......agree that this is perfect for beer access...
look forward to placing my order once they're ready.....

Yeah these look great if you have swingouts. Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom