Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed new master clutch and release cylinders today. Also replaced the mangled and oozing front differential drain plug. Took her for a test run and couldnt wipe the smile off my face.
Tightened a few bolts and starting the process of cleaning off all the grunge from the leaking clutch release cylinder and other assorted buildup, but my daughter wants to take a study break and grab some ice cream. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess.

doing some trail riding, and mapping a couple of trails for trailsoffroad.com. Yesterday, I did part of Mount Baldy, part of Eagle Rock, and all of Saran Wrap. These are trails in the Pike National Forest. Here's a pic where I got stopped on Mount Baldy. This is May 28th, at 10,300 ft.

WP%2007%20End_1_zpsndla91uj.jpg

I was replacing pads and servicing the caliper pins when one wouldn't come out. This is on an '05 Sienna. Are there any suggestions on salvaging this caliper and removing the pin? Thanks in advance.

tmp_17188-20160530_1810381449488035.jpg

I was replacing pads and servicing the caliper pins when one wouldn't come out. This is on an '05 Sienna. Are there any suggestions on salvaging this caliper and removing the pin? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1267512

Try pulling the boot up a little and spraying in some PBblaster or other penetrating stuff. Sometimes there is suction that holds the pin in as well is there a rubber cap on the other end? If so, sometimes if you get a pick in there, you can pry ot up a bot and break the seal. I think they even come out and can be popped back on as well.
I have two spare pins and a boot that I just found. If you come to the meeting, you can have them.

Try pulling the boot up a little and spraying in some PBblaster or other penetrating stuff. Sometimes there is suction that holds the pin in as well is there a rubber cap on the other end? If so, sometimes if you get a pick in there, you can pry ot up a bot and break the seal. I think they even come out and can be popped back on as well.
I have two spare pins and a boot that I just found. If you come to the meeting, you can have them.

Thanks Stump - I tried soaking it in Liquid Wrench over this past weekend. I was able to free it enough to get it to rotate but it doesn't move out. This one does not have a rubber cap on the other end.

If you have a welder, put a nut on it and weld the nut to the rod. Let it cool and it might be able to be pulled out.

Napa lists the caliper bracket as a separate item if it comes down to that. I've gone that route before when i couldn't get the pins out.

Thanks Ryan, I looked into that over the weekend but the brackets I saw didn't seem to include the pins. In the end, a new bracket with new pins may be the cheaper route.

Believe it or not, I wanted to get this done so we'd have a car while you worked on my 80!

If it spins. I would try pushing and spinning it in and cleaning the surface that comes through. Keep on blasting and turning it. And see if it walks out. If you have another pin you can try pounding it out and replacing the pin.

Thanks guys, I now have at least two new items on my list for Father's Day and my upcoming birthday: vice and soft faced hammer.:(

Thanks guys, I now have at least two new items on my list for Father's Day and my upcoming birthday: vice and soft faced hammer.:(

you forgot the welder....

Sometimes you can also order a fully loaded caliper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom