Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VZM.IMG_20160910_155351.jpg

I've been dragging logs with the winch on the 4runner and making them smaller. Ax in the center for size perspective, and mostly seasoned oak. I have just as much to cut and split tomorrow.

I got my top and ambulance doors back on. Should I put anything on the door hinge pins to make them easier to come out next summer? I did get the replacement brass bushings so I was thinking 3in1 oil. The pins cleaned up real good so maybe nothing?
When I first pulled my doors, I bought a second set of pins and lightly ground them to get rid of the serrations at the top of the pin. I initially used those pins to be able to quickly pull the hard doors on and off. They work well enough that I never have used the originals again. Put a rag around the hammer head, a few light taps, and they come out. Agree with putting thee top pins in upside down.

s***. One of the pushrods from exhaust valve is not moving when rotate the engine. Lifter maybe stck in place with goo?

View attachment 1319737

I've been dragging logs with the winch on the 4runner and making them smaller. Ax in the center for size perspective, and mostly seasoned oak. I have just as much to cut and split tomorrow.

Please tell me you have a chopping maul and you're not using an ax to split all that.

I'd let it season some before splitting. Firewood warms you twice, once when you split it and again when you burn it....no need for extra heat right now. I'd wait for crisper weather so you can really enjoy that wood splitting chore.

And by the way, hydraulic splitters are for wusses and old men....like Ed and Bob.

Still trying to get the electric choke set correctly on the 40...having to use it as a DD this week. It's very persnickity.

Even a hydraulic splitter is too much work for me. That's why I let Lylia split all of our firewood.

Lylia doesn't need to split logs, she has all that cherry wood to burn, already in nice thin pieces.

Can't wait. Time constraints to remove wood from the property. Most of the logs were stacked for a few months during the summer. The smaller ones are easy to hand split as they have already formed cracks from drying. The big ones take about 20 swings to split into firewood sized pieces...and there are a lot of big sized logs.
I just found 3 more overturned multiseasoned oaks to saw, remove, and split up as well.

Contractors were going to charge my chick a bunch I cash to remove the trees, so I said why not just make it firewood and sell it ourselves. Plus, justification for new chainsaw! I figure I'm at 15 cords of wood for this project.
Going to air dry the small stuff and put the fresher cuts into sun kilns. Should be ready to burn November.

What a man!

I wanted to get a fun house mirror to make me look taller but Lylia said it made my Johnson look huuuuuuuge (spoken in Trump's voice).

I got my doors back on. I ditched the brass bushings and just bought 4 OEM from Toyota. Kind of rediculous they were almost $4 a piece but the hinges went right on. I used a raw hide leather working hammer to get the pins back in without scratching the paint.

tmp_28270-IMG_20160916_2103515701946056890.jpg

I also got a Cali correct air horn elbow off mud and installed it. Now I just need to see if I can get the fan controller to work and kick on the fan after I shut the ignition off.

tmp_28270-IMG_20160916_2104167601264654781.jpg

I'd say I'm now a shoe in for the "1970s Japanese 4x4 Stock" category at next year's Father's Day Car Show. :D

What's the deal on the fan? Certainly never seen one like that. Looks heavy duty.

It's the California spec 76-77 carb cooling fan. I think in 78 all 40's got the cooling fan but it moved to the left fender apron where those louvers are. On mine that's where my windshield washer fluid reservoir is but that moved to the other side of the engine bay in later models. The fan works and my sensor works but it hasn't ever kicked on. I've tried 2 different controllers too so I'm going to have to bribe Senor Ed to see if he'll help me trace it down. The fan is big and ugly and I love it. I just need to get it to work. What might be happening is since I swapped out the Thermoreactor exhaust manifold for a Fed spec manifold it's not getting hot enough to trigger the sensor to close the loop. I'll need to get an IR temp gun to see about that and then see what temperature the sensor closes with a pot of water and a thermometer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom