Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome! Nice 62! Our cruisers could be twins, same color, factory wheels and I even have the exact Warn shackle in the hitch as well. You've got great taste my friend!
Thank you sir I appreciate it! She needs some work, but I keep telling myself that's part of the fun.

Nice looking truck. They all need some work :) Unless you do it all at once, they will continue needing work for a while. By that time you get done you get to start all over again with some of the first things you maintained. That is the only benefit of a new vehicle, you get out of that cycle for a few years if you are lucky.

My daughter lives in Buffalo NY, has a 4 year old Jeep Renegade. The relay for the throttle body and related wiring in the under hood fuse box corroded, shorted out and smoked the electronics in the throttle body. The service manager at the Jeep dealer told her "this is an old car, you have to expect things like this" Four years old. You know if that relay corroded there are others following on the same path. Not so lucky...........

Nice looking truck. They all need some work :) Unless you do it all at once, they will continue needing work for a while. By that time you get done you get to start all over again with some of the first things you maintained. That is the only benefit of a new vehicle, you get out of that cycle for a few years if you are lucky.

My daughter lives in Buffalo NY, has a 4 year old Jeep Renegade. The relay for the throttle body and related wiring in the under hood fuse box corroded, shorted out and smoked the electronics in the throttle body. The service manager at the Jeep dealer told her "this is an old car, you have to expect things like this" Four years old. You know if that relay corroded there are others following on the same path. Not so lucky...........
Had my fair share of newer cars being worse that older cars (I'll save that story for another time. Don't want to get mad this early on a Monday). Looking forward to the experience. I have almost always had something old(ish) ranging from 88 Toyota xtracab, 90's 4Runner, a 72 bronco and a ton of early 60's vw's. Looking forward to meeting you guys in person someday soon!

These trucks are pretty simple to work on, just typical old vehicle stuff like frozen bolts and hard to find parts. Oh yeah, enough vacuum lines for 10 new motors. I am not a huge fan of the amount of technology that is stuffed into new vehicles, just for the sake of technology.

I am, however, all in for new technology used in motor control. Gone are the 20-40 different little vacuum lines, air injection and myriad of little mystery gizmos and boxes used in the early attempts at fuel injection that live in our trucks. Instead we now have 8-12 sensors and a small computer that runs it all. Do basic maintenance on the motor, replace a sensor or two, an alternator etc and you are good to go.

I remember using a dwell meter, adjusting timing and fiddling with carbs all my life, I don't miss it :)

hey new member thought I would share. Bought my First Crusier a few months after I turned 18 at a junkyard where it sat for 20+years. I did Rebuild on the engine, fuel system,and electrical system, and Powder coated the frame and wheels. Today I use it as a Daily driver/offroad car. looking forward to hanging with yall

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

hey new member thought I would share. Bought my First Crusier a few months after I turned 18 at a junkyard where it sat for 20+years. I did Rebuild on the engine, fuel system,and electrical system, and Powder coated the frame and wheels. Today I use it as a Daily driver/offroad car. looking forward to hanging with yall

View attachment 1283805

View attachment 1283806

View attachment 1283807

View attachment 1283808
Wow! Where is this junkyard? I could use some parts off those other 60's/62's!

@muto1 You go boy! Great rags to riches story for sure. The addiction is a strong one. Welcome :)

Wow! Where is this junkyard? I could use some parts off those other 60's/62's!
Thanks! Unfortunately the place is a private location. And the owner doesn't like people parting the cars if you wish for certain parts or even whole cars let me know and I can help you with that process

Thanks! Unfortunately the place is a private location. And the owner doesn't like people parting the cars if you wish for certain parts or even whole cars let me know and I can help you with that process
I need the power steering gearbox from a 79-85 Toyota 4wd solid axle Pickup or 4 Runner if you could help I would be appreciative $$$

Wow....that is kind of you! What Land Cruisers does he have? I am in need of front & rear bumpers and bumper caps as well as all 4 mud flaps for my daughters and son in laws 62.

He has only 60 and 62 series cruisers only one 62 left not parted and about 5 60 and 62 that have been parted out

I need the power steering gearbox from a 79-85 Toyota 4wd solid axle Pickup or 4 Runner if you could help I would be appreciative $$$
He has go those but he isn't pulling them you have to do it and believe me it is very difficult to work on any car there it is literally bumper to bumper door to door you have to crawl over cars to see the cruisers

Hello all! New owner in Chapel Hill with a 1988 FJ62. Bought it in Austin and drove it back last week and the truck performed perfectly. Still getting used to some of the quirks of a 80's 4x4 but I'm enjoying everything so far.

28172658246_df8b46c153_z.jpg

I also have a 1969 Datsun 2000 roadster that I've been slowly fixing up.

20885175541_63f40e7c84_z.jpg

I hope to meet some of y'all at the meet tomorrow.

Hello all! New owner in Chapel Hill with a 1988 FJ62. Bought it in Austin and drove it back last week and the truck performed perfectly. Still getting used to some of the quirks of a 80's 4x4 but I'm enjoying everything so far.

28172658246_df8b46c153_z.jpg

I also have a 1969 Datsun 2000 roadster that I've been slowly fixing up.

20885175541_63f40e7c84_z.jpg

I hope to meet some of y'all at the meet tomorrow.

Look forward to meeting you. Welcome!

You will also be in good Datsun company tomorrow. There will be a few here that are current or former owners. Love the 2000!

Rice

What's up guys? I live in Wilmington N.C. I bought Elsie in June of 2015. She wasn't running and was in pretty rough shape. I started with a compression test to see where I stood, I then adjusted the valves, cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor. Elsie came to life! Being the guy that always has to have a project I did the spring over lift next. I was content for a whole year after completing the lift, until 4th of July weekend and decided to go ahead with the 350 swap. I've got the Downey adapter, 5.7 vortec, AA motor mounts, walbro fuel pump, waiting on the Howell wiring harness to get here and then it's game on. Yota God's say a prayer for Elsie and myself! I can imagine I'll loose my cool a time or 2 during the swap. She's a long way from done, but at least it's back in action, and not sitting in that field in BFE Virginia

IMG_20150707_193244_787.jpg

IMG_20150901_192613_979.jpg

0702161035.jpg

0716161554b.jpg

0716161236.jpg

Welcome! A 60 and a Tacoma is a good combo in my book!

Welcome! Looks like you are off to a big start. Don't even try to fight the addiction, it's pretty clear that you are hooked :cheers:

Glad you found us over here!!! Love having more 60s, especially SOA trucks, on our runs :D

@RedHeadedStepChild do the peeps in Wilmington ever get together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom