New Seat Mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.overalndwerks.com.com
I bought a pair of new seats but then I had to make a new seat mount.

mjlh6e.jpg

Getting the set height right and close enough to the steering wheel.

axlndi.jpg

Fit-up cought two existing threaded holes

r7vrs2.jpg

Placed in the cruiser, the gas tank will go back in.
The tabs in the center is for a Tuff Box.

So what is the problem??

Nice work! I have a 69 40 that I will eventually put new seats in. What seats are you using?

69 FJ40
82 HJ47

Seat Mounting

I dont know who made them, and we bought a pair for my sons '77 FJ40 and I dont know what kind they are either. A friend thought they were sold at Kragen Auto, I bought them on Craigslist. The problem is mounting them. So I spent a couple of days figuring the mounting out. I'm going to make a kit for a buddy then he can weld it out himself.

It looks like Kragen seats but they didn't have seat belts. Would that long reach hold up to "larger" drivers? I would think you would need support in the center.

It looks like Kragen seats but they didn't have seat belts. Would that long reach hold up to "larger" drivers? I would think you would need support in the center.

depends on how fat you are

if the tubing is thick it wont matter haow fat one is itll hold up

looks really good, nice work. looks like its production time

Seat Mount

Well I have several inquires about the seat mount, what i'll do is figure out materials and make a kit that could be welded out yourself, if interested or I could fab them also. I will be making one for my sons '77 FJ40 next weekend, it's a little different that my '68.

Very Nice !!!!!!! I have been kicking around replacing my stock seats with some from an 1986 MR-2 in my 73 FJ-40 Great work clean and solid Keep posting pics when your have both seats in . Thanks

...and very difficult for your passenger to get in/feet over over that loop

Looks Sharp :beer:

Nice Work!!

Looks great!
I would probably be interested in a kit. But if nothing else a diagram would be handy too. I have a '77 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom