New bolt-in version of the seat box. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Kev. I'm going to ask a local guy that I know if he will let me either weld in his shop or if he will bust out some brackets for me. He has some talent and I bake bread so there is a good chance we can come to a meeting of the minds.

http://l-i-w.com/

The seat Box is in and looks amazing. Here's a video showing how much room there is. I was able to put 2x12" subs in there and there is still room!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take a box for a 1987

I might have to use some long range weapons if I have to fight Johny for it so I will move to second in line.

I might have to use some long range weapons if I have to fight Johny for it so I will move to second in line.

You have my permission to move up to 1st in line. I'm a bit distracted with other projects on Moonshine right now.

Last edited:
You have my permission to move up to 2nd in line. I'm a bit distracted with other projects on Moonshine right now.

???? I thought that we both wanted one and I let you go first,so I am I first now?

???? I thought that we both wanted one and I let you go first,so I am I first now?

No sir, I was in line before you popped into this thread. I had expressed interest on 05-23-12 for the 86+ bodies.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=7643043&postcount=2

However, I am neck deep in a 4BT swap, so I cannot afford Kevin's seat box for a couple more months. You are now first in line.

I edited my post above to fix the confusion I caused :eek:

i am seriously curious to whether westfalia vw vanagon front seats would be a viable option in the cruiser. They swivel around so i really think they would make the cruiser an awesome camper, especially if youre just hanging out in there! you could even put a table in there and play cards....
This box would obviously be ideal for mounting them.

I had been thinking about swivel seats! I didnt know if any seats actually swiveled....great idea.

Yeah, that would be great and I've looked into making seats swivel or flip around a bit. With the Westy seats I think as with almost every other cruiser seat swap option; the pan height is going to be an issue, there is just not enough room between the seat and the floor.

:cheers:
And happy solstice!
KR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom