need some matching canvas OCD top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oregoncruisers.com
Finally getting around to my FST that I got back in the OCD tops days.
Its a khaki (tan) top. I need some matching canvas for a set of FST Doors I scored. Anyone know where Jim was sourcing the canvas? Or anything else that will help me. I am trying to avoid ordering a bunch of samples from random suppliers!

Thanks!

Last edited:
maybe you can contact him through his eBay store ? just an idea

i thought it was a 'treated' canvas... something in a 10oz would treated be 16oz and 12oz would be about 18oz

treated canvas can be had here: http://www.mytarp.com/canvas-fabrics-treated.aspx

the problem with dyed canvases is that they can be different even from the same supplier.... if its not from the same roll it will be slightly different IMHO

I tried..... :bang:

You could also hit a local boat customizing shop, and have them see if they have any samples to match in person. Shouldn't be too hard to find a matching material if they have it right in front of them.

I was told OCD stopped building again. Is that true? Came from a reputable builder that had two on order and was told he wouldn't be building them.
There is another player in California who has built a few and is going to continue.
James Renazco from Renazco Racing....renazcoracing.com.
He's a Landcruiser guy who's business is already builds seats, bags and packs for motorcycles so
the upholstery link is already there

A good upholstery shop should be able to find the exact match. Might need to visit so couple.

I have a nice Costa Rican made soft top (beige thick vinyl), and was looking for door canvas too.

I went to a local upholstery shop and the [old] guy running the place knew it right away. He looked at it and felt it and a coupla days later he had a sample, exact match.

Turns out there are only a handful of suppliers in the world, all of the fabric comes through the same channels.

Which color is your Toyota ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom