Builds My First Land Cruiser! Just Discovered this Forum. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's some of the rules RE suspension. Any suspension modifications will require a RECON (reconstruction) permit inspection. There is a lot of leeway as far as what will pass and what won't. It really seems to come down to what each individual inspector had for breakfast that morning. One thing that might help is to talk to some people with lifted trucks and ask them about the RECON inspection. They may be able to tell you if it's worth it.

"Any time you have suspension work done to your car, you will have to get recon. You will need to have an alignment done within 30 days prior to your recon inspection. Make sure you bring a copy of the alignment sheet with you. Your suspension must be able to be aligned within stock specifications. Your car will also be subjected to a "bounce test" to check for adequate suspension travel. They typically test this at a front corner by pushing down on the bumper. You need to have VISIBLE (not necessarily 2 inches) of suspension travel. If your springs are too stiff, you will likely not pass."

HI Vehicle Laws: http://www.liftlaws.com/hawaii_lift_laws.htm

If the inspector is a guy and Jen rolls in with a 6" Slee lift, it will probably pass. No disrespect intended. Awesome site and welcome!

I'm guessing she could roll in with 2x4 blocks stacked lifting her springs and it would pass. Just saying...

Uhhh guys have you seen her in the picts? As long as the inspector is a dude she is going to pass.... even if the thing is lifted to the moon.

I have two daughters.
If they inherit your land cruiser, give them specific instructions that they aren't allowed to post pics of themselves and the land cruiser on Mud!

Have you guys never seen a woman before? Jeez... My wife was reading over my shoulder (showing her the Hawaii pics) and her comment was "These guys are either in junior high or in prison."
Or both! :flipoff2:

I have two daughters as well and they are plenty smart. That being said, I think it would be wise to post up pictures with their cruisers so the get tons of help from nearly every guy on mud! Work smarter, not harder.

Welcome Aloha Jen! I'm a big fan of Harbor Freight's tools. Their winches get very good reviews also. Few would say they have the highest quality tools, but are almost always decent quality and the best value. Watch for their sales for the best deals. It looks they have no brick and mortar stores in Hawaii, but they ship.

With a set of 35's, our trucks with 2-3" lift look stock. I'd say she would pass no problem with that setup.

Here's some of the rules RE suspension. Any suspension modifications will require a RECON (reconstruction) permit inspection. There is a lot of leeway as far as what will pass and what won't. It really seems to come down to what each individual inspector had for breakfast that morning. One thing that might help is to talk to some people with lifted trucks and ask them about the RECON inspection. They may be able to tell you if it's worth it.

"Any time you have suspension work done to your car, you will have to get recon. You will need to have an alignment done within 30 days prior to your recon inspection. Make sure you bring a copy of the alignment sheet with you. Your suspension must be able to be aligned within stock specifications. Your car will also be subjected to a "bounce test" to check for adequate suspension travel. They typically test this at a front corner by pushing down on the bumper. You need to have VISIBLE (not necessarily 2 inches) of suspension travel. If your springs are too stiff, you will likely not pass."

HI Vehicle Laws: http://www.liftlaws.com/hawaii_lift_laws.htm
Thanks for the info and link, something to consider if I decide to get a lift.

Welcome Aloha Jen! I'm a big fan of Harbor Freight's tools. Their winches get very good reviews also. Few would say they have the highest quality tools, but are almost always decent quality and the best value. Watch for their sales for the best deals. It looks they have no brick and mortar stores in Hawaii, but they ship.
Thanks, I will check them out.

Beautiful 80, its great to see women enjoying the outdoors with a 4x4! How far are you from Pearl Harbor? I'll be there during our winter cruise for a few days and will trade an hour of trail riding for a tour on the Reagan Aircraft Carrier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom