Molded Carpet & Vinyl Sets and Wheel Well/Arch Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be interested in a full set in a month or so. Still need to bring the 60 home.

I've got an 87 FJ60....I removed the carpet as it was trashed. Looking for HD vinyl.... for the front two seats and rear seating area.(floorboard area)..mainly to serve as a heat barrier.... is this vinyl suitable for that purpose?

I don't plan to run carpet anymore due to river/creek crossings and potential damage / mildew from that. So just looking for a nice thick vinyl setup for the floorboard area , which hopefully will also serve as a heat barrier...I've got warm floorboards which in the winter is not an issue but in the summer...its another issue.

I recommend putting some sort of actual heat barrier under the vinyl to truly act as a heat barrier. This is a heavy vinyl flooring.

Look at Noico liner material for the subflooring. It is a closed cell foam and won't absorb water and will be suited better for water crossings, etc...

Jason

Found the specs in my files on the Noico:

• Noico Liner closed-cell polyethylene foam is the best alternative to rubber foam such as Dynamat DynaLiner sound deadening. The price of 1 sqft product of similar characteristics is three times cheaper! Noise and heat insulation Noico Liner has an adhesive layer which makes it different from many cheap offers. Noico Liner very is a versatile insulation material with excellent thermal barrier properties. It is the best way to make the car cool and quiet! It's easy to cut and install !
  • Noico Liner has the same characteristics and excellent noise insulator properties as rubber foam. It absolutely doesn't absorb water & has no odor unlike polyurethane foam. It has a very low weight, oil and petrol resistant.
  • The material used is an excellent insulator! The sound deadener material allows you to deal with both, cold and the heat. This is especially important in hot climate areas. Well-insulated interior is a pledge of high comfort while in vehicle. Noico liner heat shield material will solve the problem of excessive heating if your car is equipped with a powerful engine and enhanced exhaust system. It is also easy to use Noico Liner as the hood insulation (hoodliner).
  • The operating temperature of the material is the same as of the rubber foam such as DynaLiner - up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit. DO NOT use this product as heat shield for mufflers, catalytic converters, DPF and more. In this case, you need to use special materials designed for 900-3000 degrees F.
  • Specifications: Self-adhesive foam sheets (closed cell PE foam); Nominal Thickness 1/6 "( 157 mil / 4mm); Nominal Roll Size 19.7x275.6 inch; Number of roll in the stack 1; Total coverage area of 37.5 sqft;

Found the specs in my files on the Noico:

• Noico Liner closed-cell polyethylene foam is the best alternative to rubber foam such as Dynamat DynaLiner sound deadening. The price of 1 sqft product of similar characteristics is three times cheaper! Noise and heat insulation Noico Liner has an adhesive layer which makes it different from many cheap offers. Noico Liner very is a versatile insulation material with excellent thermal barrier properties. It is the best way to make the car cool and quiet! It's easy to cut and install !
  • Noico Liner has the same characteristics and excellent noise insulator properties as rubber foam. It absolutely doesn't absorb water & has no odor unlike polyurethane foam. It has a very low weight, oil and petrol resistant.
  • The material used is an excellent insulator! The sound deadener material allows you to deal with both, cold and the heat. This is especially important in hot climate areas. Well-insulated interior is a pledge of high comfort while in vehicle. Noico liner heat shield material will solve the problem of excessive heating if your car is equipped with a powerful engine and enhanced exhaust system. It is also easy to use Noico Liner as the hood insulation (hoodliner).
  • The operating temperature of the material is the same as of the rubber foam such as DynaLiner - up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit. DO NOT use this product as heat shield for mufflers, catalytic converters, DPF and more. In this case, you need to use special materials designed for 900-3000 degrees F.
  • Specifications: Self-adhesive foam sheets (closed cell PE foam); Nominal Thickness 1/6 "( 157 mil / 4mm); Nominal Roll Size 19.7x275.6 inch; Number of roll in the stack 1; Total coverage area of 37.5 sqft;
Thanks for this J. Just bought!

Mmm maybe a day late, but I have the money..

If there's an opportunity for a full black set I would find a way to get you money as soon as possible. Went to your website and spammed you through there as well

I posted this on your thread, but just so everyone sees it thats interested.

"Thanks for the post.

Not sure what you mean by "flat". These are molded on a 60 floor pan and should mimic the contours extremely close from what I've experienced.

These copy the OEM front carpet set-up, so the front section wouldn't be long enough to get to the rear seat mounts.

I'd like to see your install pics to compare to others that will be coming in for reference.

Glad you think it looks good and will perform well for your needs. "

Jason

Concerned over the "flat" comment, I pulled a 1984 front carpet and my new front vinyl for comparison. I tried to mimic the transmission hump on both for a quick reference.

J

SAM_1890.JPG
SAM_1891.JPG
SAM_1892.JPG
SAM_1894.JPG
SAM_1897.JPG

What have you got extra?? I can use a 40 set and carpet, brown for hj61?? Thanks

I should have a spare 40 front in vinyl. I haven't had the chance to fit one of these, but if you are interested, I'd make you a deal.

I need to check on the brown carpet. You are about 3rd on the list of people that are interested.

Give me until tomorrow afternoon to get things relayed and I'll get back to you.

PM me your email and I'll send you numbers on what I have available.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom