Logan's Run 2016 - Sept 15-18 2016 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to say that this was my first Logan's Run and I had a blast. I had an awesome time wheeling and seeing you guys as always. This is by far the best group of gearheads I've ever cracked beers with.

A special thanks goes out to anyone I bummed a ride off of to shoot photos on trail.

I'll post pictures in both this thread and a new one on the ONSCs 'mud forum. The pictures will most likely go on the club site too.

Thanks for being awesome guys! Pictures to follow soon.

heres an idea.....charge more for a memberhip, which will include a personalized shirt and hat with members screen name on it. I would pay $100 .....would you?

heres an idea.....charge more for a memberhip, which will include a personalized shirt and hat with members screen name on it. I would pay $100 .....would you?

No. ...and it would be a huge hassle for the person that had to handle those orders.

Now if there was a place I could go and order an ONSC polo I might just do that.

We have been members of this club for like 11yrs. and I still have a huge problem matching screen names to the people I know. One suggestion on here is to make sure your signature is pretty detailed. Not just "John" or "Eric" as we all know we have tons of John's and Eric's in the club. :) Second suggestion for Mud, is to have a page where we can post a Picture of our rig and a picture of the Owner(s)/Family. So we can see the screen name, face, and rig in one spot. Would also like to see some sort of name tag, we can have with our name and screen name below it. ex: Stacy (Eric R's wife) "Blue98Stang"

As for the event... Amazing as always!! You can tell there has been a lot of work put into it over the years. It is one of our favorite events to attend. So many new faces this year! I love to see this grow, but hate that so many of the new folks never got to meet Logan, but that is how it works out. But those of us that knew Logan will do everything in our power to keep his memory and love for Wheeling alive. I can only imagine his reaction looking down this weekend on the event and shaking his head (like his dad did over the Bumper Fairies) in disbelief of "this is for me?" YES Logan this is for you buddy. We knew him, we wheeled with him some, but he was taken from us before we could get to know him as well as we would have liked.

Awesome job everyone, from those putting on the event to those wheeling; we didn't have to do any major repairs to get trucks home or towed home. Can't wait for next year!!!

In reference to the name tags. When involved with an FJC club, Heather printed up name tags, laminated them and they all had clips on them, like something you'd see at a convention etc. They had name and screen name. The lasted 1 trip and most had lost track of them by the next outing.

I think the idea has legs, but a roll of "Hello my name is" stickers would be money better spent.

Heather and I both a a great time even though we arrived late to get out on the trails. Kudos to all the folks that had a hand in putting this event together. I've been working in the shop a lot and also back to putting in fence posts and stringing wire, so just sitting around for a day was perfect. Lots of new faces around :) always a good thing.

In reference to the name tags. When involved with an FJC club, Heather printed up name tags, laminated them and they all had clips on them, like something you'd see at a convention etc. They had name and screen name. The lasted 1 trip and most had lost track of them by the next outing.

I think the idea has legs, but a roll of "Hello my name is" stickers would be money better spent.
We have tried this so many times and it always fails miserably. I think we should just buy a roll of HELLO MY NAME IS stickers to keep at the registration tent and let people come get a new one every morning or as needed. But I can guarantee you that most people will not bother with them.

@blue98stang We do have a Members Rigs thread that has been a sticky for years. That's all I can offer, except to say that lots of people don't want pictures of themselves online associated with a name of any sort...but somehow Facebook is a different story!

Lets just all call each other "hey you"

that will solve any problems ;)

We have tried this so many times and it always fails miserably. I think we should just buy a roll of HELLO MY NAME IS stickers to keep at the registration tent and let people come get a new one every morning or as needed. But I can guarantee you that most people will not bother with them.

@blue98stang We do have a Members Rigs thread that has been a sticky for years. That's all I can offer, except to say that lots of people don't want pictures of themselves online associated with a name of any sort...but somehow Facebook is a different story!

Some of us are still running from WitPro or the INS and can't have pictures taken. But the member roster list that already exists has a lot of real names and screen names. Could be a good start, just add those missing.

I plan on coming back next year and am just going to get a plain hat and write my screen name on it with a fabric pen. Especially coming from out of the area, I didn't know too many folks, but ran into a couple from a few years back in the Capitol Land Cruiser Club.

Anyhow, my compliments to all involved--this was an outstanding event! The wheeling schedule was solid, food was great, company was outstanding. It was great to meet and wheel with the club. All of the kids had a blast as well. I didn't get many pics but @bkfj40 took this one shortly before my ambition ran afoul of my unlocked center diff and I had to get a little tug to get moving again.

Cheers!

Dan
image.jpeg

I'm gonna stick with the tried and true method of sticking my hand out and introducing myself.

Worked in the old days.........

I'm gonna stick with the tried and true method of sticking my hand out and introducing myself.

Worked in the old days.........

That's what I'm saying!! IMHO name tags only help me out when I'm in the middle of a conversation and can't remember the name of the person I'm talking to, :lol:

Hi my name is Al... I pretty much have a photographic memory except for when it comes to names.... so in about 5 minutes when I call you Bob don't be offended.

Same, I can remember truck, car, boat, or bicycle with ease.

Same, I can remember truck, car, boat, or bicycle with ease.

And dogs! Seems my wife and I regularly find ourselves saying "uhhh, uh, you know ... their dog's name is Jessie"

Yep. 70 series cruiser with a lift. 5 speed. Little Rust. See bob

Right there with , if we had numbers it would be so much easier.

The dogs I remember :)

We pulled into group camp, spotted Ike and Guinness and Heather said "We're in the right place"

Had a great time! It was really cool seeing so many Land Cruisers in one place. Hats off to everyone involved, it was very well organized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom