Logan's Run 2016 - Sept 15-18 2016 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Registration for Logan’s Run 2016
September 15th through September 18th, 2016
yellow_gray.jpg

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!
REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE 9/9/16. After 9/9/16, all those who have not already registered will need to register on-site.

Go to Olde North State Cruisers RIGHT NOW to register!
This is ONSC's biggest event of the year, and best of all it's for charity honoring Logan Monk, an ONSC member who was instrumental in the growth of this club, as his parents continue to be.

This year, as with all previous years, we have reserved Uwharrie Group Camp A, B, and C September 15-18, 2016. Remember!! Alcohol is not allowed in the Uwharrie National Forest.

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Thursday, September 15, 2016
  • Guests can begin arriving at 10:00am
  • Vehicle Inspection will occur as vehicles arrive
  • ONSC Vehicle Inspection Requirements can be found at the following URL: ONSC Vehicle Inspection Requirements – Olde North State Cruisers
  • Vehicle Inspection Requirements will be enforced and non-compliant vehicles will be denied participation in organized wheeling events
  • See Johnny Casale (@GLTHFJ60) for further Vehicle Inspection Requirement questions
Friday, September 16, 2016
  • A vehicle inspection is required prior to the trail run
  • 11:00am - Wheeling groups Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart (see below for how groups are divided up)
  • Dinner is up to the individual
Saturday, September 17, 2016
  • 9:00am - Wheeling groups Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart
  • 9:30am - Wheeling groups Easy2, Medium2 and Difficult2 depart
  • Dinner, provided by ONSC (please see registration for details), will be at 7:30pm at Group Camp site A, which is the site to the right when driving into Group Camp
  • The Raffle will begin at 9:00pm and last until roughly 10:30pm
  • From 10:30pm until ??, we will gather around the campfire and tell tall tales until whenever
Sunday, September 18, 2016
  • Those who wish to wheel will gather at 8:00am in the field in the middle of Group Camp
  • Trucks will be divided up into groups based on difficulty of the trails participants want to run (easy, medium, difficult)
  • Each group will have a designated trail leader and tail gunner
  • Groups will wheel from roughly 9:00am until whenever they wish
  • Clean-up and the end of our event is Sunday afternoon
Pricing is as follows:
**Attendees 17 years old and younger are free**​

Driver ticket - $45 - Includes: Admission for one vehicle & driver, one event t-shirt, one meal and **NEW FOR 2016** one driver's raffle ticket!!!

Passenger ticket - $10 - includes admission for one passenger (18 or older) and one meal

Extra T-Shirt - $15 - order-able at online registration and at registration tent

General Raffle Tickets - $1 each or $20 for 25 - order-able at online registration and at registration tent

Quick Announcement:

This year we will have designated trail leaders and departure times for 6 different wheeling groups. This will be done in an effort to make the wheeling portion of this event more organized after numerous suggestions and an anonymous comment card left in the seat of my truck last year. Heard, loud and clear :)

On Saturday, there will be 6 groups, two of each difficulty level, easy, medium and hard. Friday will be the same but with one group of each level (meaning one departure time). Each group will have one trail leader and the specific trails that each group rides will be ultimately decided upon by the trail leader for that group. Groups will be staged in the middle of Group Camp in three "lanes" that will be made with cones or stakes, with the trail leader in the very front. Depature times for each group are as follows, and are flexible at the discretion of the trail leader so far as they do not interfere with another group.

Friday:
11:00am - Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart

Saturday:

9:00am - Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart
9:30am - Easy2, Medium2 and Difficult2 depart

Therefore, I'm looking for volunteers to be trail leaders! Please post up if you'd like to be a trail leader and which group you'd like to lead!!

Friday Trail Leaders:
Easy1 -
Medium1 - Onur A @beno + Brian K @bkfj40
Difficult1 - Johnny C @GLTHFJ60

Saturday Trail Leaders:
Easy1 - Jason D - @slceso
Medium1 - Jon J @lumbee1
Difficult1 - Will S - @Teddy
Easy2 - Mike S - @77 KROOZER
Medium2 - Izzy S - @Izzyandsue
Difficult2 - Ryan N @96Cruiser13

DIRECTIONS TO GROUP CAMP:

From the outpost:

Head north on Hwy 109

Turn left on Mullinix Road

Turn right on NF-554

Turn right on Badin Lake Road

First left on Badin Lake Ramp

Turn right into the Group Camp area about 1/4 mile down.​

VEHICLE INSPECTION:

ONSC Vehicle Inspection Requirements

Page 1 is "Minimum Vehicle Requirements". Everything on page 1 is required to be in compliance or else you will not be allowed to wheel at this event.

Page 2 is "Evaluated Items". This section is at the discretion of the inspector. For example, if everything on Page 1 and 2 are good except you have an egregious fluid leak, you will fail the inspection and not be allowed to wheel at this event. Alternately, if everything on page 1 and 2 is good except you don't have a radio or a winch, you will pass.

It is REQUIRED to have everything on Page 1 and it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to have everything on Page 2. These rules exist not only to ensure the safety of our drivers, but also ensure that we Tread Lightly.

This thread will be updated as new info becomes available. (prices, registration, food, etc...)

Last edited by a moderator:
We will be there, baring another sick horse.

I'm excited!!

Quick Announcement:

This year we will have designated trail leaders and departure times for 6 different wheeling groups. This will be done in an effort to make the wheeling portion of this event more organized after numerous suggestions and an anonymous comment card left in the seat of my truck last year. Heard, loud and clear :)

On Saturday, there will be 6 groups, two of each difficulty level, easy, medium and hard. Friday will be the same but with one group of each level (meaning one departure time). Each group will have one trail leader and the specific trails that each group rides will be ultimately decided upon by the trail leader for that group. Groups will be staged in the middle of Group Camp in three "lanes" that will be made with cones or stakes, with the trail leader in the very front. Depature times for each group are as follows, and are flexible at the discretion of the trail leader so far as they do not interfere with another group:

9:00am - Easy1, Medium1 and Difficult1 depart
9:30am - Easy2, Medium2 and Difficult2 depart

Therefore, I'm looking for volunteers to be trail leaders! Please post up if you'd like to be a trail leader and which group you'd like to lead!!

I'll start us off - I'll lead the Difficult group on Friday.

Last edited:
I'm visiting a mouse with my in laws that week. Unfortunately, I"m out.

As always, I'm in

I will be there

The Jones's will be there and will lead one of the easy or medium runs. I probably need to get a HAM license and radio before LR.

Only 39 days. For those that haven't already, there is just enough time to get a HAM license.
(Don't worry about equipment, we have plenty spares among us)

EDIT: Here is a search engine to give dates and locations of testing sites.

Find an Amateur Radio License Exam in Your Area

Happy to help with tips on how to pass the test but it really isn't a big deal. Be sure to test early enough to give the FCC a week or so to get you a call sign.

We've done just fine with CBs and cheapo hand helds for years, no interest in HAM. Maybe some day when we have everything else we want for our truck.

The increasing number of folks getting on the HAMwagon just means there will be fewer folks for you to talk to.

The difference in voice clarity is why I got one...night and day. And I just got a cheap one for $30.00

Sign us up for Onur's group Tail Gunner

I doubt that my 40 will be finished by the time the run starts. I plan to come down for Sat and hopefully ride along with someone if there is room in one of the trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom