Hood lift strut - who makes a good replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All - How easy are they to install?

OregonLC - Do you remember where you ordered the struts from?

I got mine from Toyota of Dallas, but only because my time is limited during the day and it was easy to order from them online. I would recommend that you contact Beno or CDan for personal service.

ToyotaPartSales.com

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I went back and forth and ended up deciding to go with Lou's.

Pros
- Less expensive.

Cons
- Not OEM (which may or may not matter to some).

Just ordered hood and rear support lifts from Mr. Lou and they are offering a 10% discount for the holidays. $88.61 for all four supports shipped. Cool Lou!

Just ordered mine from Mr.Lou too, all 4 for $89 shipped. Discount code is "holiday10". As stated, good for 10% off entire purchase.

I got the rear struts from Mr. Lou about three weeks ago and one was defective. I let them know and they sent out a replacement FEDEX priority; good job and no complaints.

I just bought some from Mr. Lou's as well. They are in town so I picked them up and the guy working at the desk even offered to install them for me! Good company --

If I knew the aftermarket struts lasted eight or ten years like the OEM, I would buy them in a minute. Looks like you can buy the original Toyota part for $65 each. I just rationalize that as replacing a "wear" item, like belts or hoses. They all have died on my 60-series and 80-series about the same time in the life of the truck, I replace them once, and then they are good until I end up selling the truck with well over 200k mi.

Just ordered from Mr Lou.

When I go to Mr. Lou's website, the struts for my hood are $22.05 x2=$44.10. I take off the 10% spring discount makes it $39.69 plus $13.40 shipping. That is to Texas.

If I go to ebay and find the same deal from "mrlousstuff" ( Mr. Lou's ebay seller name).... it is 39.00 for the pair plus 6.90 shipping.

You are still buying from Mr. Lou's but you are saving an extra $7 on the shipping by using ebay.

I put in my zip code for the shipping quote on the website to come up with the $13.40. YMMV.

Just fyi....

ordered from Lou's Monday, got here 5pm today (Wed). Takes 10 mins to install. No more using a mop handle to hold up the hood...

I had same issue as Copenhagen1. While on ebay I saw a pair of StrongArms with free UPS shipping. Click-Done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom