Hello guys meet FLX80T from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're welcome to sneak along...... I've got a great route planned for the day :)

Damn that's tempting, I'm flying down for my bday weekend, catching up with my brother though so it's probably a no go, unless you have room for 4 people and a lot of shenanigans!

Hijacking the $@&# out of your thread FLX80!

Still in love with your snorkel .. did you ever measure it's impact .. in the intake route ..? ( air box / filter flow restriction )

Couldn't tell you much mate. Went from a car stock as a rock not even running a snorkel to this. Snorkel airbox 3.5 dump 3 exhaust big pump and gturbo so the difference was about 3 times its original power. They are a well made bit of gear the radius fab stuff. (Snorkel cut out could of been a lot neater though is my only downfall)

Damn that's tempting, I'm flying down for my bday weekend, catching up with my brother though so it's probably a no go, unless you have room for 4 people and a lot of shenanigans!

Hijacking the $@&# out of your thread FLX80!

Hijack away bud makes me want my 80 on the road and back out the bush again sooner and faster then ever. Can't wait to test out the new nitro gears and low range reduction gears. Gonna be a rock crawling monster. As bad as it is I'm thinking I'm gonna have to pay someone to do the diff gears and put them in for me. I have no room at all at the misses house to work on my 80 :-(. Gonna set me back about another $1300 to get a shop to do it all. Mechanics smash you on front axel rebuilding labour.

Hijack away bud makes me want my 80 on the road and back out the bush again sooner and faster then ever. Can't wait to test out the new nitro gears and low range reduction gears. Gonna be a rock crawling monster. As bad as it is I'm thinking I'm gonna have to pay someone to do the diff gears and put them in for me. I have no room at all at the misses house to work on my 80 :-(. Gonna set me back about another $1300 to get a shop to do it all. Mechanics smash you on front axel rebuilding labour.

Damn! Pay me that and I'll do your front axle and diff gears!

Mines been off the road for 3 weeks now, having a birthday. Rear diff is out for a rebuild, lots of other servicing and mods. Probably won't be back on the road until after I get back from my next shutdown. Which means another few months most likely.:confused:

I'm happy to do it all myself that's the worst part. I've Done it a fair few times. I've got all the parts sitting here waiting to do the job too. Just not keen to do it out in the weather with all open diffs for a week or two while the diff place sets up my diff centres. So so frustrating RRRRRrrrrrr

Tell me about it, my rear housing is open to the elements at the moment while I have my diff out. Done valves, gearbox swap and a front axle rebuild amongst other things on my driveway so far. I'm renting in a hoity toity area at the moment and constantly get filthy looks from all my neighbours. The look on their faces when I dragged the gearbox out from under the cruiser and down the driveway was priceless.

Tell me about it, my rear housing is open to the elements at the moment while I have my diff out. Done valves, gearbox swap and a front axle rebuild amongst other things on my driveway so far. I'm renting in a hoity toity area at the moment and constantly get filthy looks from all my neighbours. The look on their faces when I dragged the gearbox out from under the cruiser and down the driveway was priceless.

Ha ha that would be gold.

cbb4c6fcbedaae6c45ad4a185e2a8c92.jpg

Tarting up the old free wheeling hubs. Should look mint once finished. I'll also be Hopefully get the diffs rebuilt over the next few weeks.

Also if anyone has a old injector pump to suit a 1hdt forsale let me know. Cheaper the better

Did I read correctly that you had a full time tcase, that you had a part time spool with transfer case gears in it? and where they marks gears?

Did I read correctly that you had a full time tcase, that you had a part time spool with transfer case gears in it? and where they marks gears?

Hey pat yeah I bought a second hand transfer case with a marks adaptor 2wd spool already fitted inside ($300 with a set of aisins as well) gonna swap it out with the full time 4wd one the cars got in it now. The low range reduction gears are from locktup $600 trail creeper brand. They charged me $470 to fit low range reductions gears, check bearings (all in good condition) and throw a seal kit in it (me just dropping off transfer case)

Couple of little updates. Low beams fixed :-D (ps my alternators not the best and they still need focusing up )
f9c9f0c89619b1803a920b80916f6761.jpg

e0b44d54e4b6a3b604a118b4e852d28f.jpg

100/130w low beam halogens 55w eBay hid high, and wiring loom upgrade. Spotlights and led bar to come still lol.
78d218a91dbeb16a7a6d1873e8640980.jpg

Ps car goes into diff place tomorrow. WOO HOOO about time too lol. Diff gear change,diff rebuilds,part timed and low range reduction transfer installed. I Can't wait to get back out in the bush to test it all out. It's gonna be a totally different car now I reckon.

I was told a part time spool wouldnt fit with a set of low range gears, but if it does work, i may go and swap my t case and get a set of gears...

Say hello to the new 2wd 80 on the block :-D finally got the diffs done and transfer in. Omg I'm in love 4.56 and these low range reduction is this is amazing in low now, also the 2wd has taken most of the drive chain slack too. It's also so much better driving around town now taking off from the lights (ps if my XXI pump wasn't so s*** and the thing was running right there wouldn't be a problem with down low bottom end).
On the downside it needed two new front axels they were abit past the used by date lol ( replaced with japanese ones) and a rear left axel lol (second hand one) will upgrade to chromo once these ones play up or break.
8832f6004eaefe49a7927819b1a9dad2.jpg

f8851ae8c7fbae6364992aa950df21ae.jpg

2690795612a8ad14252d177f648da8ef.jpg

Engines still giving me grief (pushing oil out the return line off the catch can that's hanging down beside the chassis) I Dunno what to do I'm so sick of wasting money on the unrewarding piece of sh.......t lately.

Looks heaps better with the centre of the bullbar filled in with some spotties again :-D
b7518b2f5eb0797b98ad45e90863669d.jpg

Low beam
d2f352960cc15e058b4fb269f7624c11.jpg

High beam (no spotties or led bar yet) stay tuned for them.
2127f72bcd8107e97215a05e69920fc0.jpg

First bracket for converts (to heavy so back to the drawing board)
2edbff53d8814f56f63610fcda7563ff.jpg

Second bracket hopefully the last one too.
d8f4c7c67eb0ab6bfc175711aeb47869.jpg

On a side note the 4.56 gears and part time is returning round 13.2L per 100 in the old girl :-D

Engines still giving me grief (pushing oil out the return line off the catch can that's hanging down beside the chassis) I Dunno what to do I'm so sick of wasting money on the unrewarding piece of sh.......t lately.

Have you had it compression checked yet? Not something as simple as worn valve seals? Or a vacuum leak causing the vac pump to push air through the crank case.

Or just sell me your safari intercooler already!:flipoff2:

Have you had it compression checked yet? Not something as simple as worn valve seals? Or a vacuum leak causing the vac pump to push air through the crank case.

Haven't check the valves yet. 20k old since rebuild, new 20k old genuine head also. How do I test for a vacuum leak ??

Comp test 460-430 across the 6. Which is definitely good considering its 20k old motor. Leak down tested in the 15/20 % which is in the good range.

Or just sell me your safari intercooler already!:flipoff2:

If I ever get the motor running good mate I would definitely sell it and look to upgrade the Intercooler setup to a bigger and better unit to handle even more boost, but for now it's working and doing its job very well.

Haven't check the valves yet. 20k old since rebuild, new 20k old genuine head also. How do I test for a vacuum leak ??

Comp test 460-430 across the 6. Which is definitely good considering its 20k old motor. Leak down tested in the 15/20 % which is in the good range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom