Hello guys meet FLX80T from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Jeremy yeah would love to see some mate. Are you running a lock out pin on the xlink ?? If so what's it like driving like on the road ??

No worries mate if you follow my thread I will post some pics up within he next week or so.

It drives well on the road but has been an absolute dog lately. I'm hoping the repair to the chassis should sort out 99% of the problems I'm having. I'm planning on upgrading the shocks and rebalancing the 37s which should help too.

Yeah mate fixing the cracks and replacing the front panhard bush turned mind back into a pretty decent driving car again lol, Well a car with a set of super flex arms and no front sway bar good. What size lift shocks setup etc you running now?? I'm still keen to try a xlink but at the moment it's very low on the list of jobs to do. I need to upgrade shocks too it's another job on the list. I've got dodgy home brand cheapies in mine at the moment there rubbish lol. Just gotta sort out my motor / tune and get the car pulling like it should before any other projects or mods start with the old girl.

a74f7186910ce81108054d4d2edb3464.jpg

Thinking of mounting my dual battery monitor up the top of the dash in one of them spare holes. What have you guys mounted in the spare holes. ???
155a810c25d3f86ff19e28061953acc2.jpg

There is only one rear spare. The last two are "fake". They are a part of the dasboard and can't be pushed out.
I have a ECT button (only for AT), sub fuel tank, rear window defroster and center diff lock.

Oh just noticed that thanks mate. My little dual battery should fit in that one spare one then hopefully

Yeah mate fixing the cracks and replacing the front panhard bush turned mind back into a pretty decent driving car again lol, Well a car with a set of super flex arms and no front sway bar good. What size lift shocks setup etc you running now?? I'm still keen to try a xlink but at the moment it's very low on the list of jobs to do. I need to upgrade shocks too it's another job on the list. I've got dodgy home brand cheapies in mine at the moment there rubbish lol. Just gotta sort out my motor / tune and get the car pulling like it should before any other projects or mods start with the old girl.

Hey man I'm running 6 inch on the front and 5 inch in the back. Flipped radius arms on the front.

I really need a bit of weight over the back I've not even got a spare at the moment so it has a bit of what I believe they call stink bug round here lol. As far as shocks go I'm running some tough dog shocks. Im not sure what size but the PO has put about 3 inch spacers on the bottom of them where they mount to the diff housing so correct size shocks are also at the top of my to do list.

Sucks about the problems you're having with your motor/turbo. Are you any closer to resolving it?

Yeah shocks are on my list of jobs I need to do too. Fox's kings of radflos in 12s would be nice I reckon for my setup.

Hopefully with the pump getting pulled off reset / tuned and injectors serviced it'll come good. Bottom end wise my motors healthy as. As you'd like to hope with it only have 20k kms on it.

Lastest purchase 1.2m gme 6.5db uhf ariel
6790e6734798502cc3ccd413db2ade83.jpg

Look what turned up on my door step Friday
da75f8ec045c45a44336bd5d441bca04.jpg

Nitro front and back 4.56 gears, spline adaptor and some trail creeper 25% low range reduction gears.

Gave the old girl a bath today. Then of course it started raining :-(
5cb6e09afa5a068067542182b136bda5.jpg

ed8ae86cbc2f5c1c5839b95735d62825.jpg

b48d73ede9224402a8fc2786ec55dfd9.jpg

And not so pretty
e51076b8891f2dd78e846cf0d82bb43d.jpg

c63305098f6c4b41b6a6b27b035d4779.jpg

aebee3ca1c59d8b9c0b5cc4121559d3e.jpg

Poor old paints starting to show it's age. 26 years old this year.

Transfers back from gearbox place. Woo HOO the spare transfer case I bought does have a part time spool in it I didn't get ripped off lol. Bearings checked out fine, reduction gears fitted and a new seal kit put threw it.

ba6d8c07c467458a57db1de34ceea3c1.jpg

449217c72bc88a1fd5cbce2b868c61ca.jpg

Sounds like you'll be down to Vic then in summer for some high country stuff ??????????????

Sounds like you'll be down to Vic then in summer for some high country stuff ??????????????

Diffs first, then pump issue fixed then you never know mate. It's defiantly on the cards though at some point.

Also put some nemesis 9000 frylyts on lay by so hopefully I'll have some decent driving lights again. I can't wait I miss driving the old heapa

Let me know I'll scrounge up a few bods and make a trip. Have a looks at 4WDtrip.com.au and you'll see my snow trip on July 23

Let me know I'll scrounge up a few bods and make a trip. Have a looks at 4WDtrip.com.au and you'll see my snow trip on July 23

Damn and I'll be down there that weekend, haven't seen snow in years. Have fun!:flipoff2:

Damn and I'll be down there that weekend, haven't seen snow in years. Have fun!:flipoff2:

You're welcome to sneak along...... I've got a great route planned for the day :)

Still in love with your snorkel .. did you ever measure it's impact .. in the intake route ..? ( air box / filter flow restriction )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom