Hello guys meet FLX80T from Australia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Gents,

New to the forum. Just saying hi from NSW Australia and telling you a little bit about my 80s .

I own two 80s at the moment.

1997 hzj80 DX 80 series turboed 1hz (farm truck)
2" lift
33s Goodyear MTRs
12000 winch

56e2a2689ec7e43a87f5ac2d295d86ef.jpg

And my proud and joy (FLX80T)
1990 GXL 1hdt
Fresh built motor
Gturbo bad boy extreme
Radius fab 4" Airbox
Radius fab 4" snorkel
XXI Pump & injectors
XXI Clutch
Safari front mount intercooler
3 core brass copper radiator
4" lift
Super flex arms up front Superior adjustable arms on rear
Braced front diff
Arb front and rear lockers
35x12.5 MTZ's
Redarc Dc to dc dual battery setup
Barwork all round
Rock lights
Upgraded stereo
Arb intensity spotties, 20" led bar up front and 96w of rear work lights ;)
(And Rebuilding my old warn winch at the moment)

080eda7678d1c6ee2f7e185a2cc0020a.jpg

864b49123896481dc9d312eae898ae2c.jpg

172777393648d25f2ae6aff1872924bd.jpg

e020581aac82a1677221a4151fa3b9fb.jpg

9db035381e16428737d880bdcfa2fac1.jpg

40e9ee73821ebce4768c05d353e62863.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy :) many many more things to do and fix on the old girl hopefully you guys can help me along the way.

Cheers Clint

welcome to mud,
I am really interested in seeing more pics of your intercooler and piping setup.

Hey veiloctane it's just a standard safari front mount kit with a custom hot side and turbo intake pipe to fit with the 4" of the radius box. I'll grab you a couple more pics
b535b62029b50b5f388822f2c877d6df.jpg

c9f7dbbb2f2fe9db803b10a2aa58c299.jpg

7a587e69863af0c6d296c38b48867443.jpg

0cb64189546f35c4170a2e412e42e1e1.jpg

Don't be mate. Haven't had it running good since all the works been done lol.

Haha fair call, maybe pick the brains of the boys in the diesel tech section. Graeme from Gturbo visits there occasionally too. I just picked up a 1hd-t turbo setup for my 1hz, hoping it all goes to plan.

How do you like the handling with the superior arms? Been on my wish list for a while.

Yea defiantly will be picking some brains. Keen to get this thing pulling hard, at the moment it's very disappointing doesn't pull after 3200 rpm much at all and I'm keen to get this turbo working a little harder with a few more psi ;)

The super flex arms are terrible castors way off and it wonders all over the road still. For $1480 and coming in as the dearest arms on the market you'd expect the best wouldn't you ?? There awesome offroad but that's about it lol. Running a next size up arm to suit your lift will help abit though. I Will be looking at trying a xlink with lockout pin / custom arms to see if I can get it driving abit better when funds allow. I'm looking to try get it to perform awesome on and off road. Plus I'm keen to maybe one day run a small car topper on it when I go touring one day if I ever get faith in the old girl lol.

Is that the dobbins engineering x link? I haven't heard much about it for years, wasn't sure if it was still around.
I'm not happy with my castor either, I'm running dobinsons 4" springs in the front and 3" in the back with ironman castor correction bushes set at about 2.5* I think. I also don't like the way the ironman bushes restrict flex on the radius arms.

Beautiful cruiser, love the color! I think we've finally got a semi-local dobbinsons supplier here in Florida so I'm looking forward to going to their springs soon.

The super flex arms are terrible castors way off and it wonders all over the road still.

Another issue, that you're prolly unaware, is the pinion angles are incongruent and there's no way to correct without a fancy, double, double cardan shaft.

For $1480 and coming in as the dearest arms on the market you'd expect the best wouldn't you ??

Along with magical, flexy coils, cost me ~$40k....

image.jpg

My advice for continued use of the SE's is, C&T and be done.

If you're PT, which I'm pretty sure you are, then there's not much reason to worry with pinion angles, but still check for proper slip yoke engagement, as mine extended the front around an 1".

Is that the dobbins engineering x link? I haven't heard much about it for years, wasn't sure if it was still around.
I'm not happy with my castor either, I'm running dobinsons 4" springs in the front and 3" in the back with ironman castor correction bushes set at about 2.5* I think. I also don't like the way the ironman bushes restrict flex on the radius arms.

Not 100 % sure Adam from wild 4x4 in Cardiff nsw is making them too. Big with the patrol boys (he's a big patrol man too) but he's keen to do me a pretty good deal on a setup and get them and his work out there in the 80 scene. In my opinion running 4" lift + you really need to do new radius arms. He makes radius arms too cheap if your ever chasing a set $650 700 with bushes usually in stock ready to go out the door.

Beautiful cruiser, love the color! I think we've finally got a semi-local dobbinsons supplier here in Florida so I'm looking forward to going to their springs soon.

Not bad for 25 year old paint.

Another issue, that you're prolly unaware, is the pinion angles are incongruent and there's no way to correct without a fancy, double, double cardan shaft.

Along with magical, flexy coils, cost me ~$40k....

View attachment 1098266

My advice for continued use of the SE's is, C&T and be done.

If you're PT, which I'm pretty sure you are, then there's not much reason to worry with pinion angles, but still check for proper slip yoke engagement, as mine extended the front around an 1".

You've lost me sorry delancy with your abbreviation. Is that your car ??? What happened ?? Oh man I would near cry if that happened to mine. A lot of blood sweat and tears have gone into mine. I'm new to the modding 4wd scene. This is my First real 4wd I've ever built so just learning as I go. Just ask 1000 questions till i understand a little bit about something before I buy or do something on my car lol.

This is when I first bought it just under a year ago. She's come along way

d48b891a446fcc92f7a2d0f7fbb97e35.jpg

00913618ec3cf8a7d3cbd3c6974f34aa.jpg

NICE ride mate!!!
Why do all the other countries get the cool stuff... turbo diesel, 5 speed & even better colors...
Your farm truck is even nice.

Na she's a bit beaten up mate. Hasn't got a straight panel on it lol. I'm just good with the old camera. Had to give it away to sell it so I decide to keep it. Would love to chop it up into a tray back one day if funds every allow.

NICE ride mate!!!
Why do all the other countries get the cool stuff... turbo diesel, 5 speed & even better colors...
Your farm truck is even nice.
They have water. :doh:

Hello from sunny Queensland. Good to see more Aussie on here

IMG_0818.JPG
Victoria here. I just went with the performance arms and my 4" lift now steers a dream. Not many places an 80 can't go without the superflex, for the other 99.9% of the time these will be fine !

Hey Naz and Alex. To the average person they probably think they drive fine. I personally think they drive like rubbish. But when I do the xlink I'll keep these just incase I'm not happy with it either lol.

Hey Naz and Alex. To the average person they probably think they drive fine. I personally think they drive like rubbish. But when I do the xlink I'll keep these just incase I'm not happy with it either lol.

And if you're happy with your x-link you can pass the radius arms on to me!:D

Righto mate I'll keep you posted. Won't be for awhile though bigger problems to sort out first lol 80 Life

Couple of photos from today's outing. Only got the two pics spent most of the time trying to drive and navigate on the mud maps app on my phone. No damage done apart from my poor ariel copped a tree branch lol. Did a slight rear flare trim just before we left so no more grabbing flares for me :) Car performed great offroad just wish my shocks were a bit softer and longer and that's about all. Oh plus Now I'm in love with 37s i can't wait till I'm rolling on a set.

71eec432ebef56651a94ef205f6a903a.jpg

Gotta love this blokes car that come out with us 2.5" lift and 37 stickys mmmm no scrubbing either lol

e8e677474ece84ba0ff7f70dde4272e7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom