Hello guys meet FLX80T from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't check the valves yet. 20k old since rebuild, new 20k old genuine head also. How do I test for a vacuum leak ??

Comp test 460-430 across the 6. Which is definitely good considering its 20k old motor. Leak down tested in the 15/20 % which is in the good range.

Yeah that's odd for it to have bad blow by then, maybe just close up the flaps in the rocker cover some more, these engines are notorious for blow by.

Not sure what the easiest way to test for a vacuum leak on these things is, other than have a visual of all the hoses as there aren't many.

I only say it as a possibility as I had a vac pump in my hands the other day and noticed that it discharged into the crankcase. So if there is a leak somewhere it will just keep pumping air in there and pump harder at high revs.

If I ever get the motor running good mate I would definitely sell it and look to upgrade the Intercooler setup to a bigger and better unit to handle even more boost, but for now it's working and doing its job very well.

What's your thoughts on the xxi junk? There has been a bit of a storm brewing around them the last few months. No longer a distributor for Gturbo either.
Haven't heard anything good about them and I can't say I would buy any of their products.

Borat voice; very nice how much?

Anyone want to buy some steering box chassis plates ? Lol mate bought a Cnc machine

a3cabf1e589d49d636e529bf9ee38243.jpg

@FLX80T might have different comments but I am overall happy with my XXi pump and clutch, though the pump is a bit of a pain to tune IMHO, I would definitely buy the clutch again but not sure about the pump. Does go like a cut snake tho!

Some people love them some people hate them lol. Lately it seems like more hate then love.

Aussie it's good yours goes well. I envy you. It's all I ever dreamt of when building mine. Unfortunately I wouldn't know what a decent running diesel goes like :-( old FLX80T is one big let down.

The gturbo things is just funny as. I laugh so hard when they carried on about how unreliable they are and how they can make something bigger and better lol. I was Like Wow What a nice bunch of blokes to full rag on their biggest name brand product that made there company to what they are today.

Unreliable lol 7000 turbos sold with less then 1% fail rate. Like everything in life there is gonna be failures nothing is ever going to be perfect. It's how they handle them failures when it comes to warranty.

My personal experience with xxi is I payed in full for products then had to wait 6 weeks for items to arrive. My clutch is noisy but holding up so far (typical excedy clutch though so can't complain) pump and injectors well who know what's wrong with them. I'll be sending them to either ads or diesel central to be put on the bench and tested / fixed if need be.

With the stories and bad customer service I wouldn't be buying anything else off them again. Plus with what I've learnt now there are a lot of bigger better and cheaper products out there then what they sell.

Lol it's crazy bright hey. I hope for all this effort these spotlights are the shiiiiit cause I've had to re wire the whole thing again and it was neat and tidy before RRRRRRRAGHHHHH. I've Still got a few wires to go hopefully get it up and sorted by the weekend. Working away sucks gotta leave jobs half way threw them. I also have to sort out some sort of bus bar setup as I have way to many things going to my pos and neg terminals on the main cranking battery now. Feel free for suggestions.
7f11bbd0e8332d2f8ed0c7716a4c21c4.jpg

b8557c8df71295865ee83cdbf898cd38.jpg

e2d779c29fbb682b3d8148b956a3bfd1.jpg

e6676f20ec41c3126d1b4deaf9736bdb.jpg

Still gotta build a small bash plate underneath to protect the converters still

Finally got the fyrlyts going. First impression lol can't quiet comment yet as my poor old tired electrical system can't handle them (still haven't wired in the led bar either another 120w) traced the problem down to the alternator not handling the load. So I'll have to get a new in the next few week and try again.
Oh also my wires are in a terrible mess still. Here's a couple of quick pics

35e817c3d2c98e52e65ce8d45b8c641b.jpg

ddfdaafb049930cedfdd6753f5403d06.jpg

Went and just picked my alternator up that I was getting rebuilt to handle the new power demand from the new lights. ( still not done after 3 weeks ) so gonna just go buy a new one. What a waste of 3 weeks what's wrong with companies these day. "" oh they sent the wrong part "" most businesses get parts overnight in most cases lol.

Few rainny days at work hunting on eBay and gumtree. Come up with these bad boys. Cheap enough to try them out.

22735e9c777e55a5f5a75e5e9cf4cf84.jpg

Just need to make up some plates now.

Finally got a few days to work on the old girl and I Finally managed to fit up the new Alternator (china one with a denso reg) $280 later which then turned into needed a new alternator bracket as the one on the car was flogged out and running a bolt and nut setup. To take the bottom alternator bolt out I had to pull the lower thermostat housing pipe off which then turned into a coolant flush, new Toyota red Coolant and a new thermostat lol. While it was all stripped I installed my manual boost controller which is useless as this pumps just wont supplying fuel up top end at all. Pump and injectors have gotta be the next on the list of jobs to get sorted. Least for first time in a long time I'm seeing +14v woo hooo :)

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m623/eastwood1000/350f313d2dc974c308502df373632b5a.jpg%5B/IMG%5D
%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m623/eastwood1000/c8d836e018d9d40cc78d0822c794bd99.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Also latest purchase is a complete front diff setup with the Larger late model brakes for $200. This will be getting braced comp truck style lol, xlink with lock out pin, wild 4x4 radius arms and chasing good +3 at least castor. Won't be happening for a pretty long time so probably next year some time. (Dunno if I'll do the brake conversion yet as my 35x12.5x15s are all still relatively new still) Do 15x10 -44 offset fit over the later model bigger brake setup ?? I would love some 17" beadlocks though mmmmm that would be nice. I won't ever be going anything smaller in tyres then 35s or 315s for daily driving either now with the diff gears changed. My breaks are working now just but once I get my boat up and running it's gonna need a good overhaul soon.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m623/eastwood1000/65ad38f16e243235df61bb483a236fe3.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom