Headlight Relay Location? 87 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Turns out my problem with the brake lights was a loose connector on the fusible link. Pulled a rabbit out a hat and made it work. Thanks again for the guidance.

Got a new for for ya'll. Now the headlight switch clicks twice and headlights turn on with the hazard switched on, but no hazards and horn. Hazards switched off, only running lights and turn signals. FML haha.

Last edited:
Got a new for for ya'll. Now the headlight switch clicks twice and headlights turn on with the hazard switched on, but no hazards and horn. Hazards switched off, only running lights and turn signals. FML haha.

you haven’t parked close to any old land rivers recently have you?

So I finally got around to swapping the relay with a new one.

I am having the same issue. On the Passenger side, low beam at the light I am getting 3.5VDC. High beam, both low and high at the correct 12VDC engine off. This is metered in the connector for the headlights with my Fluke meter. Driver side works as it should? Ideas? Seems like a ground issue on the passenger side, but why only in low beam mode?

I am also having issues with the relay kit for headlights but it is disconnected now till this is fixed.

I just noticed that the high beam dash light does not come on. High Beams do though.
Same issue here mine is a 12V. Did you ever figure it out?

sounds like a problem with the switches on the column. You could do some continuity checks by unplugging the harness wire at the bottom of the steering column below the dash and run some continuity tests. the box to the left in the second image below shows the plug and how the wires are numbered inside the plug. If you need to replace the switch check out this thread in the FAQs:

The Land cruiser headlight/turn/hazard switch is no longer available from Toyota.

1710371599438.png

1710371641001.png

1710371758442.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom