Gauging interest in SCS F-5 Wheels in new 17x9 size (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I currently have the F5's in the 17x8.5 variety (4.3" BS) on my 85 4runner. I don't particularly see the need for a 3.5 BS as you can easily add wheel spacers, choose any number of similar wheels in a BS that fits your needs, or add something like the FROR kit to your solid axle like I've chosen to do if you want to widen your track width.

No.

"Cooler looking" is all relative. To me... a wheel that tucks nicely into my fender opening is "cooler looking."

And yes... wheel spacers are easy.

I figured you should consider all of your options (and understand a wheel vendor's considerations) when asking for a new wheel to be produced.

There are plenty of tire options <33" in a 17" rim if you search. 295/70r17 is quite popular and is roughly 33x11.5.

Last edited:
I've already talked with SCS that's why I started this thread. Wheel spacers are fine, I've had no problems running them before and I will run them again on my cars and trucks. But when I'm going out of my way to not only show SCS that I am indeed serious when they told me to get 100 wheels accounted for to make the size and I'm dropping good money, I want rims that fit.

See the problem with the wheel market out there right now is everything in 17" size is either too narrow, lame offset, fake bolts, simulated beadlock whatever. I come from running deep 3 piece wheels, currently running a 15x10 -45. There's no option out there for guys that like a wider more aggressive wheel. So yes I've considered the options and we obviously have vastly different ideas of how our trucks should look. My tires still tuck into the fender on articulation so it works for me.

No doubt. I understand your needs and hope you find what works for you. You're in the minority which is why it's tough for you to specifically find what you want. I love my SCS wheels and think they make a great product.

Personally, I'm not buying wheel spacers for a 6k lb truck that I off-road. I'm buying wheels that fit.

Waiting for these wheels is like when you where a kid dancing around needed to go pee with no bathroom in sight.......i can see the bathroom..... Just..... need.... to..... get there.

Then you should consider buying the existing SCS F5 17x8.5 w/ 4.3 bs :flipoff2:

Not the correct BS for larger tires than I have already on factory wheels with 4.5 BS. :rainbow:

Just in case I missed it, reading this thread, what is the exact specs of the wheels available now vs what this new one would be ?

Dia width bs offset

What about the XD222 Beadlock? 17"x8.5", 4.75" B/S, 3200 load rating. Mine are being done in flat clear bronze as we speak.

image.jpeg

I'm going to say thoes are a lot more than $170 per wheel and really do not have a lot to do with this thread.

The SCS wheels are rated at 2100lbs per wheel and if they told Eric they can add 5-600lbs to that then they are in the the 2700lb area each.

Those bead locks look awesome, might be in for some on my Jeep. Looking for reasonably priced on my 80, more of a camping/ski/hike overland rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom