Builds Cummins 6bt/nv4500 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Made some progress on my list and added some things to it. Long day on Sunday.

-Remove Slee light harness for good. At the moment the wiring is there just not used.
-Rewire lights on bumper that were tied into Slee harness.
-Replace the four lights on the roof rack with a 40' LED bar. Interior switch installed. Need to drill another hole in the roof.
-Go through all bolts on suspension and steering.
-Figure out why my air compressor isn't kicking on. I think it's a bad pressure switch. I blame the ocean. Bad pressure switch confirmed. New one ordered and should arrive on Sunday. Gotta love Amazon Prime Sunday delivery.
-And if I have time and find the space finally install my two trumpet train horn that runs off the air tank. Not going to happen before trip.
-Replace fuel filter and pre filter.

Managed to get bumper lights wired and working. Also got the roof light bar mounted. I had to run some flat stock across the single light mounts since the bar didn't line up with the holes. Now just need to scoot the rack back so I can drill out one of the factory rack holes to run wires.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448136972.473320.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448137044.796906.jpg

More progress. Changed fuel filter and pre filter. The pre filter was a lot cleaner than I thought it would be. Maybe the PO actually changed it at one point. It wasn't covered in gunk and was only hand tight just like it should have been. I changed it out anyway since it was only a $9 part. The fun part was getting it started after having both filters empty. I did put some diesel in the fuel filter but the pre was dry. I pumped the manual pump on it a good bit but without a bleed screw on the Cummins its just pedal to the floor and start. Glad I changed the starter. Smoked out the garage pretty good.
IMG_2963.jpg

Dirty screen (left) compared to new one.
IMG_2961.jpg

A little bit of sediment trapped by the screen.
IMG_2962.jpg

Where is that pre filter located? The fuel heater?
II don't have the heater working but I assume that's what the plug is for on top of it.

Yeah looks like a black canister slightly larger than a tuna can.

I was trying to fuigure out where the pre filter was yesterday but after seeing your pictures it makes more sense now. I think I'm going to eliminate my fuel heater and just put an in line WIX fuel strainer in.

Had a bit of a scare when I tried to cycle the lockers. Put it in 4wd and no indicator lit up. Wouldn't be bad since the split case is mechanical but I need the dash light lit in order to use lockers. After a bit of freaking out and yelling I starting checking things. It ended up being bad wires on the switch pigtail on the TC. Wire no longer wanted to be attached. Blaming the beach again since sand dumped in my face from the wire loom. No time to replace switch so I just grounded the wires together to fool the system. Lockers now work again.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448235816.568622.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448235834.770101.jpg

Made some progress on my list and added some things to it. Long day on Sunday.

-Remove Slee light harness for good. At the moment the wiring is there just not used. Didn't have time. It was routed under the front brace and I didn't want to dig in.
-Rewire lights on bumper that were tied into Slee harness. Done
-Replace the four lights on the roof rack with a 40' LED bar. Interior switch installed. Need to drill another hole in the roof. Done
-Go through all bolts on suspension and steering. Done
-Figure out why my air compressor isn't kicking on. I think it's a bad pressure switch. I blame the ocean. Bad pressure switch confirmed. New one ordered and should arrive on Sunday. Gotta love Amazon Prime Sunday delivery. Done
-And if I have time and find the space finally install my two trumpet train horn that runs off the air tank. Not going to happen before trip.
-Replace fuel filter and pre filter. Done.
I forgot to get a night time photo of the new light bar on the roof. I'm all cleaned up now and don't feel like pulling it out of the garage at the moment. It was a long day. I still have two thanksgiving to attend this week, work, fix the wife VW door locks along with my dads f150 fuel door. And I still need to pack. It feel likes I'm running out of time before my trip and it's still 5 days away.

Managed to get bumper lights wired and working. Also got the roof light bar mounted. I had to run some flat stock across the single light mounts since the bar didn't line up with the holes. Now just need to scoot the rack back so I can drill out one of the factory rack holes to run wires.
View attachment 1165316
View attachment 1165317

I did the same thing when I had my INTI.

Mixing 2 stroke oil in it every tank?
When I remember I pour in one 16oz bottle every fill up. Tractor Supply is the only place I can find it in a 16 oz bottle so far.

i must have missed it, what road trip are u taking?
Heading out to Moab for a few days and then no real plans. Just going to wonder around in the desert. Giving myself through next weekend.

Road trip started this morning. Been driving in rain the whole time and hit the cold front that is moving south. Plan was to drive through Lubbuck later today but it looks like it will be getting "ice pellets" all day so I may rerouted more west and enter New Mexico from the south to bypass icy roads. Texas is never prepared for bad weather like the north. It's just better to stay off the roads.

I see your Russell's reserve. I live about half hour from the Wild Turkey distillery as well as most all the other bourbon distilleries. Buffalo Trace is in town as well as Jim Beam. Old Taylor and Makers are close by, Four Roses and Heaven Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom