CSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya think? The contract probably said "A 5500 pound Off-Road Trophy Truck going 150MPH is going to JUMP OVER YOU while you stand next to a car and pretend to get a cell phone signal. Don't raise your hand TOO high... Oh, and a Robinson helicopter will fly about 50' above you a few seconds later". Sign here...

Cool video BTW.

I think he was referring to the brutal rooster tail of dirt and mud being thrown at her at around the 5:00 mark?

Next weekend is the running of the 47th BAJA 1000. This year will be more challenging then most due to the damage from the hurricane. Up until the last minute they are still creating routes needed for course and pit crews. If you have never been it is worth the drive to Ensanada just for contingency and the viewing of the first corner.

Last years winner

I think he was referring to the brutal rooster tail of dirt and mud being thrown at her at around the 5:00 mark?

Oh and that too. Awesome driving of that GT-R in those heels, too.

I don't get it. It's a commercial. It didn't really happen the way you are interpreting it. And it's a commercial for a sucky fad product, so who cares?

ps: no need to get into tele-lens visual compression and perspectives, but those three (stunt woman / car / play truck) were never even close to each other in real life... except where they enter/exit the vehicles.

Last edited:
Murf, isn't your 80 as fast at Baldwin's truck? I think it goes over the washboards the same.

Murf, isn't your 80 as fast at Baldwin's truck? I think it goes over the washboards the same.

Brice, no need to get into tele-lens visual compression and perspectives, but my truck was never even close to those washboards in real life... except where I was dreaming... :D

Great success story.
We went to the same High School and he became one of my favorite customers years later (even owned a 40 series). He decided that building and racing was more fun then landscaping and took a chance. He now builds quality machines and has enough time and capital to race.
safari.jpg

Formerly Safari Landscaping, Ron Dalke, his name is common on Score.

Any feedback / opinions on FJ45 pickup's concerning value vs FJ40's, opinions on desirability, how hard to find?

Any Canuks that can chime in? How hard is it to buy one in Canada and get brought into the states?

316.jpg

Any feedback / opinions on FJ45 pickup's concerning value vs FJ40's, opinions on desirability, how hard to find?

Any Canuks that can chime in? How hard is it to buy one in Canada and get brought into the states?

316.jpg
I want one. That is incredible looking.

image.jpg
I would love to restore a 45, I know they are popular but look for some in the lower 48, the cancer found on older rigs here can turn a lot of people away.

Canada cruiser for sale in BC

Last edited:
image.jpg
Nothing good can come from this experience. When you are desperate for Mexican food almost anything looks good.....almost anything.

While rarer I haven't seen that a restored 45 will sell for more than a restored 40. They is a market for 45 but right now not as big as the 40s. I think as time goes by that will change. While it's harder to find a descent 45 they still can be found.

I would love to restore a 45, I know they are popular but look for some in the lower 48, the cancer found on older rigs here can turn a lot of people away.

Agree 100%. Seems about the time Toyota stopped importing the 45 pickup to the US was about around when time when Canada started getting them. So what you find is older ones in the US but chances of finding a low rust one are much better. Two other markets that these are showing up from are Australia RHD and LHD from Central and South America. Those had been worked hard and repairs made are vary questionable. Best ones seem to be in the Middle East. Late modes up to 84 and nicely equipped. Just almost impossible to get them here beside being costly.

Anyone buying one should locate as many 45 pickup only parts as soon as you can. Parts are drying up. Because of the smaller number of them here the aftermarket part option is very limited.

Probably the best thing 45 pickup related parts is by Kevin (Awl_TEQ) made in Canada. I got one of his replacement tailgates a while back along with the side pieces to repair my original tailgate which came on my almost rust free 64 production LWB. Not from Canada but Northern CA.

Last edited:
So what is everybody using for antifreeze in your Toyota? Local chains have a 50/50 mix for Asian vehicles or can get straight non mixed universal type. Hate to pay for water. I always distilled water in my batteries and radiators. Curious is the one size fits all/universal okay or is it better to get the correct type? This is a 99 by the way. My newer vehicles are generally serviced at the dealer. My other are so old it is just the basic old green antifreeze.

On a different note has anyone else notice the changes at DMV? The 99 I bought was from a military family heading overseas. Had Oregon plates. I went to the inspection line like did in 08 to title a new car hauler and my mother's Highlander when she moved here from Nevada. Waited at the counter inside for ten minutes before anyone sounded up. Then three uniformed officers showed up like they took a break together. Was informed AZ no longer does inspections on vehicles from out of state. Went to other section and got in line to get my number. Only one person at the desk who also did the eye tests while everybody waits to get a ticket. Twenty-two windows and only seven open. Before long that was down to five. Then the person at the photo window would keep calling the same number until the person showed up. The buffer shows the last three numbers called. Almost always it was the same number for the photo window. Guessing the whole idea is to make it so obnoxious you go to one of the private locations. Both probably pay poorly but guessing right now the government job has better benefits. The way things are going that is subject to change.

As much as anything it's how poorly the DMV is run and not solely wait times. I guess if you live next door to a DMV office and plenty of things to keep you busy while keep checking wait times your good. Most people don't work that way. My wife was off that day so made sense to do it during the middle of the week. She didn't want get up early so when didn't get there when they open. That has always worked the best for me. Typical instead of figuring a ways to decrease wait times they figure a way to highlight how poorly it's run. My mother's driver's license finally expired this year. She hasn't driven in years. While I was transferring a trailer title earlier this year I asked if she could get just a ID with her old photo online. No she would have to go in. Wonder if we could have renewed the driver's license online? She is in her nineties.:hmm: What is even dumper I was told by a bank they wouldn't except a expired driver's license as photo ID. So when your license expires your looks automatically changed. Maybe if I like my driver's license expire I will be better looking.:rolleyes:

image.jpg
Saw this standing on the side of a rural road last weekend before the snow, really liked the details

So what is everybody using for antifreeze in your Toyota? Local chains have a 50/50 mix for Asian vehicles or can get straight non mixed universal type.

Hate to start a separate thread for simple question. Doesn't anyone do their own general maintenance? Seems 2000 is the deciding factor for me. 2000 and newer to the shop. Older I do myself. It appears the 3.4 liter Toyota used in 99 have three spark plugs with wires and three with their own coil. :hmm: A change over year, one side old technology the other side new technology.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom