CSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

so did any of you snorkle equipt go out and be smug around people stuck at flood zones this past day? :flipoff2:

Breaking news.........;)

"Reputable sources say the NFL is suspending Oscar Pistorius for 2 games."

WOW...lol

Goodell is on the ropes!!

Drove back from the cabin in the heaviest rain since I've had it. Only thing worse was a white out back in Dec. 04. Then after getting on interstate 17 and reaching the top of Copper Canyon I saw what I thought was smoke from a diesel semi. Turn out to be a car-b-que. A Toyota Prius fully engulfed in fames. One DPS was already on sight. Few other cars along the road and by the way everybody was just staying back and watching pretty sure everybody got out. So Murf is this possibly a hybrid issue?

I'm pretty sure it's a heat related issue.

Thermometer in the vehicle read 93 at the bottom of the hill and 91 at the top. Was thinking it was possible pushing harder than should on the hill creating the heat more than ambient temperature. All I know it was scary seeing burning. If I didn't have some of our pups in the vehicle I probably stopped and snapped a few pictures. Guessing the Camp Verde Fire Department would be the ones responding but not much they could do. Expect next time I drive thru I will see a new asphalt patch in that spot. Before buying the Sequoia we test drove a Prius V as possible replacement as transport between homes. Glad we went for horse power/torque and space instead of gas mileage. Few years ago on highway 87 we had transmission failure after dark while it was snowing. At least then the engine (heater) was stilling running while we figured it out. I shudder to think what we would do we a vehicle fire on interstate 17. To make matters worse while I was up north my wife went to the Humane Society and brought home a new pup.

car fires are scary!

What kind of pup did you get?

car fires are scary!

What kind of pup did you get?

With our pets a car fire is beyond scary. For us it causes nightmares just thinking about it.

Wife picked up a two year Chihuahua mix. She was found with her three newborn pups in a 115 degree empty apartment where the people just left her. She said after hearing her story and how she cried and wagged her tail saying taking me home she said she had no choice but to take her.

Looks like Happy Jack will be in the news again. Forest Service LEO involved shooting. Suspect died in Payson hospital. That all news stations are carrying so far. My wife was able to fine a site that the comunications between the LEO, dispatcher and everybody responding. Suspect was a wanted felon in stolen vehicle. Very remote area if your a LEO, glad it turned out the way it rather than have the LEO shot.

That would be the site she found. Scary when you heard some of the other responders were at Kacina (Kacina Village?) And Two Guns on interstate 40.

Termites infesting my palm tree... no really. Anybody want to come cut it down? I really should thank the termites (and Blue Sky Pest Control, since they did an awesome job protecting my house the termites need something else to feed on) I don't like that stupid palm tree anyway. Sorry, palm tree apologists.

You might ask yourself where the mites will go if the tree leaves the premises. Or fix that problem before it happens.

Speaking about trees....It finally happened. I have a very large 40 year old Palo verde in my front yard and where it was one a large & grand tree, it has been quickly degrading over the last few years. Sections have been dying internally, termites, losing big limbs and the tree leaning to the now lopsided heavy side. The tree was basically down to a "V" and one of the big arms broke in this last storm. I tried to coax it along but its at the end of its life span. Evidently it lasted longer than most according to someone familiar with native trees.

Its now looking like a sick tree out of a Dr. Suess book and can see where the insides are rotting out. I will be taking it down this weekend :(

Speaking about trees....It finally happened. I have a very large 40 year old Palo verde in my front yard and where it was one a large & grand tree, it has been quickly degrading over the last few years. Sections have been dying internally, termites, losing big limbs and the tree leaning to the now lopsided heavy side. The tree was basically down to a "V" and one of the big arms broke in this last storm. I tried to coax it along but its at the end of its life span. Evidently it lasted longer than most according to someone familiar with native trees.

Its now looking like a sick tree out of a Dr. Suess book and can see where the insides are rotting out. I will be taking it down this weekend :(

We had a bumper crop of seeds this year - mule deer approved!

Want some?
IMG_6810-small.jpg

To be honest not sure where Notetop is just like I had to ask where Podunk is. Not sure of the tree some type of Juniper?

For the first time in six years the wife and I are getting to go up north for a weekend alone (except for the pets). Second weekend of the month which hopefully be about he right time for the colors on the rim.

camera card 050.JPG

Because of how Game and fish has changed over the years and created some type hunt going on all the time from Aug to Dec there is a good chance there could be someone walking around with a rifle. Not anti hunter and have hunted for years. But not everybody is in favor of hunting and bit others me that some hunters aren't considerate enough to field dress their kill off the main road. Last year someone left their gut pile (elk) on the main road that people travel to see the fall colors in the area.:mad: If you know the are it's FS road 321 along Dane Ridge. While I won't do it you see cars on this road. Of course if would be hard for me to drive a "car" there since I haven't owned one since 1987.:rolleyes:

Does Murf now work for Warren Buffett?

Berkshire Hathaway to by Van Tuyl Group.

Yep! Knew VT was looking to do this eventually and happy that it is with Warren Buffet. He will leave the company to run the same course and keep everything intact. Matter of fact our GM (as the others senior Gm's in the group) was asked to commit to 5 years in order to stay the course. (Im very happy about that!)

Warren likes our company's entrepreneurial approach at the store level and supports it.

I guess were not going to be replaced by robots after all! :D

These are palo verdes in my yard.

Noteop is just outside of podunk.

North of tucson east of phoenix

To be honest not sure where Notetop is just like I had to ask where Podunk is. Not sure of the tree some type of Juniper?

For the first time in six years the wife and I are getting to go up north for a weekend alone (except for the pets). Second weekend of the month which hopefully be about he right time for the colors on the rim.

View attachment 948728

Because of how Game and fish has changed over the years and created some type hunt going on all the time from Aug to Dec there is a good chance there could be someone walking around with a rifle. Not anti hunter and have hunted for years. But not everybody is in favor of hunting and bit others me that some hunters aren't considerate enough to field dress their kill off the main road. Last year someone left their gut pile (elk) on the main road that people travel to see the fall colors in the area.:mad: If you know the are it's FS road 321 along Dane Ridge. While I won't do it you see cars on this road. Of course if would be hard for me to drive a "car" there since I haven't owned one since 1987.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom