Cons of 93 older 80 versus 94 newer 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clearly he should donate his cruiser to me, win-win. :p

My early 93 has R-12 for refrigerant. That is getting harder to find and serviced if necessary. Other than that, I like it.

Adam

Get a 92 :D There's just something so satisfying about getting the ol' 3FE tuned to within an inch of its life and feeling the power you didn't know it had!

Although the 1FZ is a pretty sweet engine... And the A340F is one of the most awesome transmissions I've ever experienced... And the gas mileage is better... And you can supercharge the later model trucks... And they have OBD2...

sorry, Tested out of english in college and typing on Ipad is a nightmare!!! But thanks for noticing! To Clarify, my wife is heading our rebuild of a foreclosed home. It is costing considerably more than we had planned, therefore I am selling some of my cruiser stock. My favorite cruiser is an original fj40 1982 model, it lacks air conditioning and when Oklahoma gets hotter than hell it just isn't practical. So the wife and I are considering buying either nice 62 series or a 80 series mid 90's model, I really dont want to pay more than $5000-$6000 dollars. There is a very nice 93 series with 100k miles on it close to home I am looking at. I have a 94 and 97 both of which are fine vehicles, The 94 is kept in colorado at a small place we have, so not option for daily driver., the 97 is sold to nice guy in Michigan. I was curious about the differences between 93 and 94's. Everyones input has helped a bunch, and when I get back in town I hope to take closer look at it!!
Hopefully the english is better and reason for post more apparent for those who had concerns!!

Last edited:
Virtually no difference between 93 and 94.

Sorry, semi-hijack, So, it sounds like other than the 3FE and OBDII the biggest thing about 93 and later is that they have the FF rear with disc brakes, Right? So if I swap my SF for a FF rear with discs and regear to compensate for the 3FE's power, or lack thereof, then I should be in pretty good shape.

I got a good deal on my 91 with a laundry list of accessories and I have already picked up a set of 17" Tundra wheels for it and I am going to be picking up a FF rear soon, I hope. So once i get those in and a set of ARB's in the pumpkins I should be set... until the next mod comes along. It really is a sickness.

hijack over.

No biggie, just make sure your punctuation is correct! Ha... Firetruck thanks for help just have to look at the brakes on the 93 a little closer , just having problems gettig away from 80 for a 62 series.

Sorry, semi-hijack, So, it sounds like other than the 3FE and OBDII the biggest thing about 93 and later is that they have the FF rear with disc brakes, Right? So if I swap my SF for a FF rear with discs and regear to compensate for the 3FE's power, or lack thereof, then I should be in pretty good shape.

hijack over.

You still have the less powerful front brake system.

You still have the less powerful front brake system.
If I swap on FZJ80 Calipers and rotors while I'm at it and them possibly go to the 100 series pads then that should round out the brake upgrades. I will check on the master cylinder and prop. valve too. I know the brakes are a biggie, I figure with the bumper, rack, etc that I am pushing close to 7k lbs and stopping that much weight is important, especially when the :princess: likes to drive it.

I need to rebuild the front end anyway so while I doing gears and such would be a good time to upgrade the brakes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom