Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2013 - July 17-20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Checked into the camp ground. I have seen anyone yet, but lunch was a higher priority than exploring.

Unfortunately no. Need a new expansion valve and compressor. Compressor is easy to find (Dodge unit) but the expansion valve is a solid week away from the nearest Toyota dealer. I'm ready to sweat it out!!

Loaded and washed up. ETA 12:00am tonight!!

IMAG0030.jpg

Looking good!

1 hr out! The mobile Ritz Carlton will b rolling in shortly.

Thanks for another CMCC. I made it home so I guess it is time to start planning for next year.

If I request it now ... I would enjoy cooler temps next year on the trails. :bounce:

I had a great time at this years event and it was great meeting new friends and seeing old ones. And some incredible wheelin terrain too. I'm absolutely planning on attending next year.... more prepared.
Meatball and I finally arrived at my place last night after 11 1/2 hrs on the road. Its an 8 hr distance. Traffic and a shredded trailer tire outside Baltimore made our adventure all too memorable. Meatball had another 3 hrs to get home. Johnny also had a irreparable blowout nearby and was towed to nc. Everyone eventually got home safe. Let's do it again!!!! Kidding

Agreed, it was an excellent trip! Thanks again to the GCLC Staff for putting on such an awesome show :cheers:

Here's what my blowout looked like:

IMAG0083.jpg

Thanks to everyone for making our event another great Coal Mine Cruiser
Classic.

I know I said most of this at the raffle, but it is worth repeating.

Thanks to all who helped out organizing, leading, soliciting donations,
and just being a general help before, during, and after the event.

Big thanks to all vendors who donated raffle prizes, especially those
who attended or sent representatives. I cannot say enough how much your
support means to us.

Thanks to Twin Grove Campground and Chef's Corner Restaurant for all
that you provide.

Thanks to Rausch Creek. The park was great this year, as always.

Thanks to all who attended. Without you there we have no event, period.

Thanks GCLC!!! I had a great time. I didn't get to wheel but it was nice to talk to everyone and the food was great!!! Eric ( the other Oldenburg)

Once again there were too many people that I have "met" here on mud that attended CMCC that I didn't get a chance to meet in person... It would have been nice to be able to connect faces to the mud names... I'm trying to figure out a way to make that happen for next time.

In any case it was good to share some camping and wheeling time with you all... you are a great bunch of people - second to none. Thanks all...

WTF?

That looks scary.

What the heck happened!?!?!?!?

Had a small cut in the sidewall that didn't look bad at all. I got 150 miles south of Pine Grove when the sidewall let go. I was going 65-70 when it happened. Thank god for runflats! Got her towed home.

ForumRunner_20130722_173656.jpg

I didn't get a pic when we were on the side of the road but this is my shredded trailer tire. The tread that separated from the tire wrapped around the axle and locked it going about 65mph and slung the trailer side to side. It all happened in seconds and was about the wildest ride all week. Thankfully no one was in the lane beside me.

ForumRunner_20130722_173656.jpg

View attachment 783871

I didn't get a pic when we were on the side of the road but this is my shredded trailer tire. The tread that separated from the tire wrapped around the axle and locked it going about 65mph and slung the trailer side to side. It all happened in seconds and was about the wildest ride all week. Thankfully no one was in the lane beside me.

Jesus man. Fortunately that didn't happen to me. Pick up a nail or something?

AAA.

Good Times Go By Too Fast. What an epic week, awesome trails, midnight :beer: repairs, and so many new friends. Glad everyone made it home safe minus the tire issues. GCLC: thanks for putting this on without a hitch! I'll post up a link to pictures and videos i got.... below are some high lights. See you guys at FG!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom