Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2013 - July 17-20 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
racasella.com
14th Annual Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2013
July 17-20
Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, PA

Date is all set, park and campground reserved.

Event details are here
http://gclcny.com/events/CMCC/info.html

CMCC 2013 registration is now closed

Checks and waivers should be sent to

GCLC
PO Box 567
Miller Place, NY 11764

Last edited:
Awesome can't wait talked the wife into going this year with the kids, last year was my first year and it was a blast

I'm registered! Can't wait till July to see everyone at another great event. Gary S

Ditto. Following Gary's lead from Georgia (& Texas).

When does registration end? All my money is going twards paying for school so believe it or not I can spair the extra money for it right now.

Awesome cant wait!

How is registration progressing? Looking good?

Already planning for the trip and looking forward to the trails with friends.

It's a little early to tell. All the regular early birds are registered with the addition of a few.
The raffle is shaping up nicely, menu has been worked out, etc. All seems to be on course.

It's a little early to tell. All the regular early birds are registered with the addition of a few.
The raffle is shaping up nicely, menu has been worked out, etc. All seems to be on course.

Great news, thanks. The early registration numbers are up for GSMTR too. Maybe this will shape up to be a good year for the east coast TLCA events.

just sent in my registration via paypal, looking forward to this much anticipated GCLC event!!!! First time down and it'll be the first trailer ride for the 80.....:bounce:

-Wheeling!!!!
Josh

Family changed the family vacation dates this summer at my parents beach house. Sucks!! First one missed in 8 years! Neither Brandon or I will make it.

Hi everyone,
In looking at the schedule for this summer, it looks like we may be able to FINALLY attend the CMCC. We are currently looking at all the logistical matters to make the trip. I do have a few questions however...

1. My 1987 FJ-60 is basically stock with 31x10.5x15 BFG AT's, with a 2 inch Ironman springs. I am NOT a seasoned off-roader at all, and I am not looking for any body damage or crazy trails. How tame are the "tame" trails? Are we just talking about gravel roads, or more intense off roading? At some point in the future I may want to expand my horizons to more intense trails, but this year is not the year.

2. Will we miss much of the "experience" if stay at a hotel as opposed to the campground? It appears that many of the activities are at the campground.

3. The CMCC is four days, do most people spend all for days at the event, or do most people do fewer days?

4. Are you out on the trails for the entire day for the entire event? Are there breaks during the day? The :princess: and the Little girl (our dog)may want to take a break from the trails.

Overall my biggest fear is the trails will be too difficult for my skills and truck.

Thank you,
Zack

Hi everyone,
In looking at the schedule for this summer, it looks like we may be able to FINALLY attend the CMCC. We are currently looking at all the logistical matters to make the trip. I do have a few questions however...

1. My 1987 FJ-60 is basically stock with 31x10.5x15 BFG AT's, with a 2 inch Ironman springs. I am NOT a seasoned off-roader at all, and I am not looking for any body damage or crazy trails. How tame are the "tame" trails? Are we just talking about gravel roads, or more intense off roading? At some point in the future I may want to expand my horizons to more intense trails, but this year is not the year.

2. Will we miss much of the "experience" if stay at a hotel as opposed to the campground? It appears that many of the activities are at the campground.

3. The CMCC is four days, do most people spend all for days at the event, or do most people do fewer days?

4. Are you out on the trails for the entire day for the entire event? Are there breaks during the day? The :princess: and the Little girl (our dog)may want to take a break from the trails.

Overall my biggest fear is the trails will be too difficult for my skills and truck.

Thank you,
Zack

Your stock 60 should be able to handle the green trails with no problem and no damage. There are no guarantees, but it is likely you will be fine.

There will be staying at the campground, at Rausch Creek itself, and at the Comfort Inn (or other) hotel. The experience is what you make it. RC is primitive camping, Twin Grove is more civilized with very nice shower facilities, the hotel is a hotel. Last year, we were probably split 1/3 each. Not sure about what the dog rules are at the camping area we have reserved. I would check on the website just to be sure.

Some people will wheel 4 days, some less. You pay by the day for the wheeling, so you won't be paying for something you wont do.

We are pretty much on the trails all day, but if you make arrangements at the beginning of the day with your leader if you want to get off at a certain time I'm sure he or she can swing around to the staging area to drop you off.

I'm fairly certain your truck will be fine. Someone with a 60 should chime in here. But the green trails are not difficult for a stock truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom