Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (1 Viewer)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not easy to explain, here are some pictures, i used webbing to reinforce stress point and added tie downs. i am told burning man can be very windy. i am preparing for that but of course all this modification helps for the future. i also made 2 foot long rebars to use as stakes. hope this helps enjoy:cheers:

Very sweet set up!

burning man 2013

fun!!! modifications on the awning, enclosure and the additional awning to the side worked great. i am told that the wind this year where not too bad, check out Nulla's cousin we meet there :cheers:... enjoy

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

Nulla has gone in for painting

although we have received so many comments from folks in our travels, on this thread (including a stranger who knocked on our door one sunday just to say "do not paint it, do nothing to the paint, it is perfect just like that") we have decided to go ahead and get Nulla painted. this girl needs a little makeover.....

we have decided on the color blue. the paint code is 8b2 http://www.toyotareference.com/charts/LC60.png we will be using an industrial paint by Dupont but the paint shop is open to other suggestions. so if you have one please let us know. the shop said this is the same paint that is used on the 16 wheeler trucks. also we are open to other shades of blue but prefer the dark shades and not glossy. the blue on this link is at the top of our list http://www.menet.umn.edu/~vandeven/techpics/67FJ40/67 FJ40 1st day out left front.jpg but we do not know the paint code so if you do pls let us know.

Nulla is going to a shop in los angeles who we believe will do a great job! we will also be posting on the paint and body section of ih8mud.:cheers:

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

Can't wait to see the new paint!

-Daniel Kent

:popcorn: Can't wait! :popcorn: Surprised you found a shop BIG enough to hold that magnificent machine! ;)

up date on Nulla's the manicure

i went to the shop today just to check on progress. Nulla is getting taken apart in pieces, that windshield is also coming out and that storage box on the side. i am told by next week they will be spraying the sealer. instead of Dupont we have decided to use PPG DelFleet, they can mix the toyota color code 8b2. (this can change) after the outside then they will start working on the inside. we are having good experience with the shop so far. here are the picture enjoy :cheers:

front.jpg

side.jpg

rear side.jpg

Any updates on this ??

Any updates on this ??

that is the sealer, today they are suppose to prime it, then paint on monday, if all goes well it should be done by next week. i am going to SOR tomm to pick up some of the weather stripping. :cheers:

left.jpg

right.jpg

Nulla in deep Blue

we need more pics!!!! :D

when i got there this afternoon they where sanding in down for the second coat of blue. tomm i will try to get some pictures of the doors and other panels. the role bars are also being painted. sorry pictures are not very good i will try to do better tomm. enjoy :cheers:

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue 3.jpg

Hmmm...I like the gray-green primer/sealer color! Blue looks good too :)

Are you doing a white roof?

Drool... That blue looks good

Are you doing a white roof?

the inside of the roof is white for now, in the future i plan to put a liner there. SOR sells them i just don't know if it will fit Nulla. i also found a good person close to the paint shop that does upholstery, i know he can put a liner on Nulla no problem. picture below is what he did to my dash board, also each component are of course being sealed before painted see below.

Nulla is suppose to be coming home today..... we will see. so far my experience with the paint shop has been good.:cheers:

dash board1.jpg

dashboard.jpg

door.jpg

visor.jpg

Definitely need to see pics once she is all done! Really been digging the blues lately (mine is 8B4, kinda). Anymore pics from BurningMan?

Nulla's new blue dress

picked up Nulla today, some of the touch up are not done the paint shop will finish the touch up after i install all new weather striping, windows and wires re connected, i made the choice to do those myself. here are the windows that are now on order for the rear door http://www.motionwindows.com/products/elite-single-pane-windows-series-1600/..... so it is not yet done but i though we should share. what do you think of Nulla in her new blue dress. :cheers:

kind or weird driving home today. now i have to worry about this nice shiny paint getting scratch, i am sure all that weirdness will go away after the first road trip. next step is to polish the aluminum camper.

over the holidays plan is take her to washington state then canada. there is also a plan underway for alaska in 2014, cannot wait to get her on the road:cheers:

blue4.jpg

blue5.jpg

blue6.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom