Roaming Lost: x3 Locked 1990 Toyota HDJ81 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AR504565.jpg

These low-range gears are pretty awesome. I tested them out with the most rutted, steep spots I could find, and it just crawled up with the locker on.
Sumo transfer case low range 3.1:1

Whole Lotta nice. I dig the redarc gauges. I look3d and couldn't find a dual with egr and boost. I may have to reconsider. How different with the new turbo and intercooler vs. Stock? I'm guessing dramatic. What boost did you settle on with the gturbo?

I've debated back and forth about a turbo swap and intercooler on my 94. It's still pretty low miles at 218k kms.

Last edited:
Whole Lotta nice. I dig the redarc gauges. I look3d and couldn't find a dual with egr and boost. I may have to reconsider. How different with the new turbo and intercooler vs. Stock? I'm guessing dramatic. What boost did you settle on with the gturbo?

I've debated back and forth about a turbo swap and intercooler on my 94. It's still pretty low miles at 218k kms.
oh yeah big differance! im at 18 psi and soon ill be going to a 4" snorekl to custom airbox that will have a 4" inlet and outlet so itll provide more air flow that should benefit.

oh yeah big differance! im at 18 psi and soon ill be going to a 4" snorekl to custom airbox that will have a 4" inlet and outlet so itll provide more air flow that should benefit.
Are you looking at a 4” Stainless snorkel I presume? Just a fair warning - I had the same set up you’re after (GTurbo, IC, Airbox and 4” snorkel) it’s going to be like really really loud.

It hurt my ears with the window down and under load, really affected driveability unfortunately. Sounded rad at idle though.

Are you looking at a 4” Stainless snorkel I presume? Just a fair warning - I had the same set up you’re after (GTurbo, IC, Airbox and 4” snorkel) it’s going to be like really really loud.

It hurt my ears with the window down and under load, really affected driveability unfortunately. Sounded rad at idle though.
yeah, a buddy makes some small-batch ones. but noted! i guess we will find out lol. i think it will benefit from the air tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom