Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (1 Viewer)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Woah....!!
Looks nothing like before....
Great choice in color...!!!
Now you need to get the old school plates (blue or black & gold).
:beer: :beer:

She looks fantastic! I did like her before but she's a looker non the less! What gauge is your hood scoop (bolted or welded on)? Thx!

-Daniel Kent

Last edited:
If you are heading to WA I will need to keep my eye out for her! Looks great!

She looks fantastic! I did like her before but she's a looker non the less! What gauge is your hood scoop (bolted or welded on)? Thx!

-Daniel Kent

yes we agree, that is why it took this long to get her painted. think of it as a blue jean it will look better once it start to fade. hopefully that will happen soon. the hood scoop is aluminum then fiberglassed, it is held on by fiber glass, on page 19 of the thread you will see how it is put together.:cheers:

^^^ Thank you!

-Daniel Kent

Nulla in a blue dress

this is Nulla in her new blue dress for the holidays. we drove from los angeles to seattle washington to visit family & friends. to our surprised there was no snow, but it was cold. kind of disappointing. it would have been great to get Nulla's blue dress a little dirty. always great to spend time with family & friends over the holidays.

we are especially proud of our grand daughters, 13 & old 10 year old, who are raising funds for the Haiyan typhoon survivors in the Philippines, specifically to rebuild an elementary school in Tanauan, Leyte. check it out the link below this thread.
enjoy:cheers:

side.jpg

solar side.jpg

jax.jpg

back.jpg

engine.jpg

Last edited:
See really does look good!!!

-Daniel Kent

Hey, this is the winter we live for up here! Are you coming to Vancouver Island? It would be great to see your truck live. Enjoy the 'no snow', happy new year travels! :cheers:

Hey, are you still in Seattle area on Jan 5th? I'm coming over from the island, might deviate my route if you are around.

Hey, are you still in Seattle area on Jan 5th? I'm coming over from the island, might deviate my route if you are around.

sorry cruiserpilot we already headed back to Los Angeles, it would have been great to meet you. we have a plan to go to Alaska in 2014 i will let you know when we are in the area again, thx for the inspiration:cheers:

That sounds cool, I have time in July. Very fuzzy plans about going to the Yukon myself, but I have to get some $$ together and finish some of the details on my truck so it is good to go. I think somehow we will meet along the way. Happy Trails! J

Amazing build.

Nulla!

Love this build and have been watching it from the beginning. On your way up to Alaska, stop in Calgary and we will show you guys a great time. Would love to see Nulla in person and meet some true explorers. My wife and I have the same type of plans for retirement.

Cheers,

Haiyan/Yolanda Typhoon Philippines

thank you all for your inspiring comments. the trip to Alaska might be delayed a bit because of typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda that hit the Philippines.

our grand daughter have raised over $102K so far to rebuild Maribi Elementary School in Tanauan, Leyte. https://plus.google.com/103154145637555275464/about they are 10 and 13 year old. it was an idea they had on thankgiving to raise $1,000 by end of Dec 2013, they meet their $1,000 dollar goal in 4 days. we will need to go to Tanauan, Leyte to visit the school, to check on the progress of the construction. see their website below. although this is not in our plan, we are extremly proud of our grand daughters, and very happy that we can help. all the schools in Tanuan, Leyte where destroyed. the Visayan, Islands in the Philippines are some of the most beautiful destinations. we look forward to traveling the area and meeting Haiyan typhoon survivors.

meanwhile, we have started to build the "second vehicle" to travel with Nulla ....... no worries it is not a big one. in fact it something that Nulla will carry, it will give us the mobility to leave the camp site for a short trip. we are very excited about it and we will post it when it is done.:cheers:

Last edited:
Liked her just the way she was but I have to admit she looks great in that blue dress!

Too bad you've decided not to go to Alaska this summer as we will be heading to Prudhoe Bay as the first leg of our Alaska to Argentina Adventure. Would have been a blast to see 2 HJ47s up there!

What you are doing to help folks in the Phillipines is awesome, though. Best of luck. :clap:

MFM

I just finished reading this whole thread. It took about two and a half hours with watching all the videos and such. Thank you for taking us through the journey with you. I enjoyed it very much, learn some things, and got some ideas for my own build. Looking forward to future posts and journeys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom